View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:30 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Recommended Add Ons 
Cave Troll

Highscores: 79
Post Recommended Add Ons
Here is my list of Recommended Add ons for people. Have anything to add? Go for it!!

General

Auctioneer
Auctioneer Suite provides you with the tools and data necessary to make those difficult auctioning decisions with ease. From purchasing to posting, the Auctioneer Suite provides time-tested tools to allow you more time to actually play your characters or play the market. As you will soon discover, it is much more than a simple "Auctioning AddOn", the Auctioneer Suite also shows in-depth information for all game items, such as those used in quests or recipes, enchanting, milling, prospecting and more.

Atlas/AtlasLoot
AtlasLoot Enhanced is a UI mod allowing for loot tables of bosses to be browsed whenever needed within the game.

Bartender4
This allows you to modify all of your Action Bars on the UI. The Blizzard Action bars is not intuitive nor convenient for me, so I use this to place the bars where ever I want, and also make them smaller. Others also use ElvUI.

Combustion Helper
helps you manage your dots so you hit combution at the right time

Decursive
Decursive is a cleansing mod intended to make affliction removal easy, effective and fun for all the classes having this ability.

Mail Addons. There are many of them so not providing a link. They include CTMailMod, Postal, Mailopener, etc. Just do a search on curse.com and you'll find plenty.

Omen Threat Meter
What Omen does is provide accurate values of your group's relative threat level on individual enemies, so that you can see when you're in danger of pulling aggro (or, if you're next on the snack list if your tank bites it).

Omni CC
OmniCC is an addon that adds text to items, spell and abilities that are on cooldown to indicate when they will be ready to use. In other words: it turns all the standard analogue cooldowns into digital ones.

Prat 3.0
This allows you to change all your chat boxes. I hate the minimum size limitation on the blizzard UI. This allows you to make your chat boxes as small as you want. It also can remove the chat buttons. Another nice thing is it allows you to move your editbox (what you type into) to wherever you want.

Pitbull
There are many user frame addons. They allow target, target of target, and target of target of target. DPS may not use the last, but tanks most definitely do at times. You can always turn that off anyways.

Recount
Recount is a dps meter and so much more. It'll track healing, damage, deaths, interrupts, etc. It's quite useful for tracking your information and altering rotations or what not depending on the data. Just remember to never get caught up in the damage meters over fight mechanics. People also use Skada.

Spell Stealer
lets you know if you steal a spell off a mob.. very handy and makes you feel pro

Tidy Plates: Threat Plates
These are nice because they are set up to change color depending on your threat level with mobs. IT also is for all mobs, not just the mob you are targeting. This works for both tanking and DPS. IT lets you know if you are about to draw aggro or not or if you are about to lose aggro or not. Very useful imo, because pulling/losing aggro can be detrimental to a raid/group. I believe this requires the original Tidy plates installed.

TomTom
For questing.

Raiding/5-mans
Deadly Boss Mods
This is very helpful addon for dungeons, and also required for our raids. It gives warnings for numerous things that happen during fights, including when you are standing in bad stuff. :) It's a must have!

Extras
- Analog Clock ~ I'm just too lazy to look at my clock while playing lol
- AutoConfirmLoot ~ For those quick runs through randoms when I don't want to waste time. Must Have.
- AutoCapitalize ~ Grammar Nazi Love
- AutoGratz ~ Incase I am busy and don't notice.
- AutoGreet ~ Same as above

You have any favorites? Please share here. Good to know what people use.

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
----------------------------------
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:56 pm
Profile YIM
Cave Troll

Post Re: Recommended Add Ons
Updated the master list and cleaned up comments.

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:33 pm
Profile YIM
Some more recommendations from the crazy russian:

HeroStatus - Very good for PvPers or if you want to just run through BGs. Can mark all healers with icons making it easy to hunt them down and give your team that extra umph towards victory: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/herostatus

AfterKill - for those of you that would like to confirm you just got that Killing Blow and tell everyone else too. Simply has you auto say a message like Booyah! once you do [these can be changed if you want to] - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/afterkill

more to come once I test them and confirm they are updated.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 pm

For raiders GTFO is pretty good. It makes a very loud and annoying sound if you are standing in bad stuff, or if you are in within range of an aoe debuff eg when yor'sahj has green buff and you are standing 3 yards away from some1 the addon will let you know

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

Seconding GTFO. I don't always have the best situational awareness, and that ding is really helpful.

Gwella

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:22 am

I'm looking for an add on that makes my raid frames look similar to the old raid frames, pre cata. you know, the green ones that DIDN't take up half your screen like the current one. I don't want the add on to mess with anything else, such as my pretty picture in the upper left corner or my party frames. any ideas?

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:56 am
Cave Troll

I use the blizzard raid frames. you can alter the size in the raid frames UI settings.

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:13 am
Profile YIM

Vantucci wrote:
I use the blizzard raid frames. you can alter the size in the raid frames UI settings.

i'm pretty sure i have them at the smallest setting and theyre still huge. they're meant for old people who forgot to wear their glasses or something...

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:37 am
Cave Troll

O.O Mine aren't huge. What resolution you run the game at? I run it at 1280x1024. But yea not sure how small you are wanting them.

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:49 am
Profile YIM

only thing i can recommend is Grid but takes abit of setting up so may not be your cup of tea

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:10 am

my resolution was at 1680x1050. I moved it to what yours is set at and everyone was short and stumpy. it's now on 1440x900 and looks the same as my original setting. uhh, so i guess I'll leave at this and see if is makes the frames smaller. if not I'll try Grid, nothing a youtube video can't teach me I'm sure.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:19 am
Cave Troll

Yea I don't get the whole raid frame thing. Mine has this huge fork like frame that sticks out halfway into my screen and then the little boxes for each person are inside a smaller box. I can adjust the forky thing up and down wise, but not left as their is not right side to it. It doesn't seem to matter whether I have raid frames on or off or whatever in Blizzards settings. Sometimes it goes away on its own, sometimes it doesnt. I hate it! Zusiah has the old green boxes and no arms around his. Blizzard hates me! Have an add on but it is not enabled as it was too confusing for me and I ended up with boxes all ove rth eplace along with the Blizzard raid frame.

I thik we need a traveling computer tech to just go around to everyone's house and set up their computers the right way> DO we have on of those in the guild?

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 pm
Cave Troll

kentuckyrose wrote:
I thik we need a traveling computer tech to just go around to everyone's house and set up their computers the right way> DO we have on of those in the guild?
Hmmmmm, for the right price maybe. :P

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Profile YIM
Cave Troll

Beatriz wrote:
if not I'll try Grid, nothing a youtube video can't teach me I'm sure.
There's also CT Raid Frames if you don't like grid. But as whobris said, both actually will require some setting up. Not very intuitive.

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 pm
Profile YIM
Cave Troll

Oh and wanted to confirm. Have you gone to Interface->Raid Profiles and moved the frame height and width (down at the bottom) all the way to short/narrow? If so I guess you like you frames WAY smaller than mine. Which is fine, we all have our preferences. :P

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile YIM
lol I'd love it more if I could fully remove those raid frames because I use healium and already have a list of all members on my UI as well as buttons to quick target/cast on them. :\

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Cave Troll

Armitage wrote:
lol I'd love it more if I could fully remove those raid frames because I use healium and already have a list of all members on my UI as well as buttons to quick target/cast on them. :\

You should be able to through healium. You can also turn off the raid frames in the blizz control panel that pops up on the left of your screen when you enter a raid.

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:50 pm
Profile YIM

Vantucci wrote:
Oh and wanted to confirm. Have you gone to Interface->Raid Profiles and moved the frame height and width (down at the bottom) all the way to short/narrow? If so I guess you like you frames WAY smaller than mine. Which is fine, we all have our preferences. :P

yes, i have. i will take a UI shot next raid so we can compare or something.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:18 pm
Cave Troll

Beatriz wrote:
yes, i have. i will take a UI shot next raid so we can compare or something.
When I get home I'll try to post one of my ui as well, to show you. I'm thiking maybe it's all resolution related, or maybe like I said earlier you just want them really small compared to mine. :)

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:10 pm
Profile YIM
Since both of my 85s are tanks, I've spent a good amount of time doing the tank thing. Two of my favorites that have not been mentioned yet are WhoTaunted and BadPet. I use them in tandem to keep me aware of what is happening around me. I also ADORE Threat Plates. For example, if I see via TP that I am losing aggr o on a mob, I can look down at my chatbox, and WhoTaunted or BadPet will tell me if someone else used a taunt. It also alerts you as to whether that taunt was successful, or if the target is immune. BadPet particularly tells you when a pet is using taunts. So when the Hunter in your PUG swears up and down that no, they weren't tanking with their bear, and that Growl is off... well, thanks to BadPet you will know otherwise.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next