View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Legion Beta 
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Post Legion Beta
Anyone else get into Legion beta? I got the email 2 days ago. Loaded it up and tried to log into a realm but estimated time to enter was like 560 mins so I decided not to bother, but logged in no problems later that night. I think I got to play a grand total of 30 mins on the starting area for demon hunters. So far their mobility has me completely intrigued.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 pm
Regular

Post Re: Legion Beta
No beta here. I've been in other ones and not really cared but this one intrigues me.

Karsim
*Retribution - the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Mon May 16, 2016 5:05 pm
Regular

Haven't bought Legion yet, so no beta.

Redmaster

[LIVE]
Iamsmash Ret/Prot
Battletag: MrUrthor#1562

Tue May 17, 2016 2:28 am
Veteran

I didn't preorder either, I just got an email last week. So far I have to say i'm really enjoying demon hunters. Their mobility is beyond amazing. I can see them being great at moving intensive boss fights.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:39 pm
Cave Troll

I preordered but no beta which is okay, I kind of prefer to enjoy the expansion when it comes out, always worried I will be bored with it by the time it hits if I do the beta.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 pm
Veteran

Yeah I had the same worry, which is why i'm only playing the beta sparingly. I think so far I have done the Demon Hunter starting area and a little bit into the new expansion. I think I might stop it at this as soon as I have come to be familiar with the new things they have added like class halls. Some things so far that I like and some things not so much. It's gonna be hard not to want to play a demon hunter this expansion but I know there will be so many people playing them it will be hard to get in raids and such.

Tue May 24, 2016 3:40 pm
Regular

Nothingface wrote:
Yeah I had the same worry, which is why i'm only playing the beta sparingly. I think so far I have done the Demon Hunter starting area and a little bit into the new expansion. I think I might stop it at this as soon as I have come to be familiar with the new things they have added like class halls. Some things so far that I like and some things not so much. It's gonna be hard not to want to play a demon hunter this expansion but I know there will be so many people playing them it will be hard to get in raids and such.

FOTM. Should be a substantial drop in DK population when Legion does drop.

Redmaster

[LIVE]
Iamsmash Ret/Prot
Battletag: MrUrthor#1562

Tue May 24, 2016 9:17 pm
Veteran

Just going to leave a bit of feedback from my time in Beta that confused me and hopefully by reading this you are wiser and don't spend hours looking for things that no longer exist or thinking you have been overlooking something.

-Most importantly they removed most raid buffs. So if you are sitting there going "Crap where is my fort or arcane int buff?" They are now gone. A few of them still remain in certain aspects but don't work the same way as raid wide buffs. For example I think Resto droods are the only ones that get to keep the buff but it's now a Cooldown where you can place it on one person for a short amount of time. Most of the others though have been completely removed.

-Make sure to finish an entire zone before moving on to the next. At the end of every zone you get a quest to do something back in dalaran which gives you a damn nice piece of gear thats ilvls way ahead of where you are until max level. Example, I finished a zone last night at level 102 on my boomy and got a ilvl 800 piece of gear where all my other gear is sitting around 695 or so. So finish the zones before moving on.

-Some specs within certain classes feel broken or unpolished until you receive your artifact weapon. The artifact weapon gives you an ability from the start and usually 2-3 other abilities as you get more power with them. These moves the artifact grants you usually tighten your rotation and don't make you feel as clunky or starved for resources. Meaning if you are not feeling the way they changed your class right away, give it time and get the artifact and see if it doesn't change your perspective (I was ready to drop my DK because of this, no lie)

-ALOT of spells have changed and a lot of classes have been completely redone. It helps that you don't start just sticking things in your bar but remove all spells from your bar and really read each spell what it does and read into your passives carefully. Then thoughtfully place them in an order you are comfortable with. By the point that Legion comes there will probably be guides by then but reading them helps if you are confused as I was. I thought for a while I was missing quite a bit of stuff from my Boomkin (which I was) but a few of the spells I was looking for got renamed or merged with another spell cause I didn't read. Example: Droods no longer have flight form, they condensed it with travel form and now your travel form takes on the fastest form of travel per the zone you are in. If you are in Stormwind it will make you into a bird to fly, but if you are in zone that you can't fly in it will turn you into a stag.

-They said they were removing the garrison mission quest where you send followers off to do things for you, but from what I've seen so far they are very much still in the game.

-Be careful doing the intro quests for the new expansion and artifact quest. I don't know if it's because they gave me all 680 ilvl gear but I struggled on a few characters to get through them because things kept killing me. I couldn't pull more then 2 enemies at a time or I died very quickly. Even leveling on my boomkin and mage if i am not ready to pull 2 or 3 I will die. Which means be careful how much you pull when diving into things. I find things a lot easier as melee like on the demon hunter or dk but squishies get hit pretty hard from some of these mobs.

As I think of more things and explore legion I will make more of these posts to hopefully give you guys a heads up so you don't make the same mistakes as me. I will not post any spoilers for any of the story so don't worry if you are one of the people that enjoys the story of WoW.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 pm
Veteran

A few more things from last nights testing.

- You no longer have dual specialization, basically now you can just switch between specs as you see fit. So basically lets say as a druid, I am Balance, all I have to do is switch it to restoration and hit activate and it will switch me to Restoration, or I can go to Feral or Guardian. I can use all 4 of my specs if I want to. Also with picking talents, as long as you are in a rest zone you can switch your talent tree as you see fit with no cost or repercussions. When you are out in the world you need these tomes made by inscription to switch them.

- While doing the beginning quest for your artifact remember where in your class hall you went to change and add points to your artifact weapon. I spent 30 mins to an hour last night not remembering where to go for my druid to add points into it. Someone finally responded in general chat and let me know.

- You can basically have a artifact weapon for every spec that you have. Not just main and offspec. I have 3 artifact weapons on my druid, 1 for Balance, Restoration and Guardian. Although, big big advice, make sure you are at least a novice in the spec you are getting an artifact for. It kind of works like the proving grounds. If you are dps then you have to kill some stuff to get your artifact, if you are resto you will have to be to heal a group of npc's in a dungeon like setting, and if you are a tank you will have to do some tanking stuff to get your artifact. When I got my artifact for Resto I had no clue of this and as I am doing the quest the npc's told me I needed to heal the group while they did what they had to do. I was taken off guard and it was way to hard to heal them as balance, and basically failed the quest. I did have to end up mildly setting up my resto talents and spells to successfully heal them and being way out of practice it was probably a bit harder than it should have been.

-Be careful which artifact you pick up first. Be 100% sure what is going to be your main spec and which will be your offspec. The offspec artifacts have catch up mechanisms to help you try and keep up with your main artifact but it's not that great and your offspec artifacts will always be behind your main in terms of power.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 pm
Regular

Appreciate the info!

Karsim
*Retribution - the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 pm
Cave Troll

Great tips!

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)