View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Thanksgiving 
Cave Troll

Post Thanksgiving
What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

What are you family traditions for Thanksgiving?

What are you most thankful for?

If you do not celebrate Thanksgiving - is there a holiday in your country that is similar?

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:57 pm
Cave Troll

Post Re: Thanksgiving
My favorite Thanksgiving foods are:

Ham
Turkey (drumstick)
Mashed Potatoes
Giblet Gravy
Cranberries (the jellied ones)
Fruit salad

Yummy!

We usually have snacks like chips, dip, veggies and fruits between breakfast and dinner. We like to eat at about 2 in the afternoon. Then we have time for a snack of leftovers int he evening! The rest of the leftovers go int he freezer. We hold hands and tell what we are most thankful for, ask a blessing on the food and then dig in.

I am most thankful for my Faith. Without which I would probably not be here. NExt comes my family and then all the Blessings we have in a world that is going mad. Roof over our heads, food onthe table, clothing, vehicles, and well just that we have ENOUGH!

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:01 pm
Regular

Thankful my family is close so we can get together easily.

Not so much for all the awesome food and treats I have to resist.

Karsim
*Retribution - the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:34 pm
Loiterer

Ham definitely i'm not a fan of turkey. As for thanksgiving my family isn't close so i'll probably go to my roommates parents house.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm
Cave Troll

LOL - yea all the food is hard to resist, especially when eating at home. But it is definitely a blessing to have family close! I miss my kids and grandkids as well as al lmy brothers and sisters at this time of year.

Rox I am glad you have someplace to go! No one should be alone during a holiday.

Hubby and I are headed for Golden Corral on Thanksgiving. The one we have here isn't too bad and we can each have what we want without me having to cook! Also with his miliatry discount, it ends up les than $25 for the two of us, way cheaper than buying the food and cooking it!

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:34 am
Regular

My Favorite thing is the wine - i'm the only one that knows anything about wine so I get to choose. lol It's usually a Gewürztraminer or a Riesling with the turkey and a a light red blend or pinot noir later.

We hang out and play table top games all day, eat, then console game or computer game into the night. Kids friends come and go all day (because Thanksgiving is boring at their house.) We eat around 2-3 so we can have left overs later. We usually have the same thing; Turkey and ham; mashed potatoes, this cranberry jello salad my sister makes, veggies vary - this year my culinary student daughter is making something sautéed - no doubt it will be delicious; Homemade Apple Pie made at someone else's home and sent to the Costco where I bought it. (Mom ran out of time for pies due to Christmas cookie exchanges..........) We do have the Turkey cookies this year, as usual. (Not cookies made of turkey, silly. Sugar cookies shaped like turkeys....)

I'm thankful for many many things that can be summed up by having the people I love around me every day and being alive. And for my food coma.

Faesy - Destruction
Faeze - Herald toon
Tasselle - Elemental/Resto
Tasartir - Beast Master

Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:40 pm
Loiterer

Happy thanksgiving everyone hope you all have a great day. I just got home from a feed the homeless event that the new company I started working for was sponsoring it was a really cool experience

Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:44 pm
Cave Troll

Wow, Irockit! That sounds like a great thing to do.

I am sure you had a more meaning ful day than we did. We drove through the overcrowded parking lot of Golden Corral, saw the mass of people standing out front and decided to try Ryan's. Ryan's had no line outside, but the line of rht eturkey and ham inside was ridiculous. I seriously did not think the meal was worth anything near what we paid for it and the day would sure have been better served helping others like you did!

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]