View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Raiding Application for Leviathan 
Loiterer

Post Raiding Application for Leviathan
Main character name: Blåckmårch
Class: Unholy DK
Level:100
Preferred Talent Spec: Unholy
Off-spec: Blood
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... h/advanced

Alt Names/Classes/Levels: Wítchhunt 100 Warlock (old main in MoP), some non 100's

Previous 3 guilds: Instinctive Arthas, HBDC Proudmoore (xferred), HBDC Burning Legion (xferred)

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable.
Instinctive fell apart when I was hardcore raiding. I left HBDC after SoO heroic Garrosh due to immature raiders causing drama, I was the raid lead and officer at the time, and we had 3 15 year old raiders who did not have the maturity to raid.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?
I'm done with server firsts/yelling matches in teamspeak. Your guild ideals seem casual but firm, which I like. I found you on the server forum.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for?
No other guilds, just coming back.

What do you find most rewarding about the game?
Friendship and progression.

What do you find most frustrating?
Anonymity of the internet granting people the "right" to be rude. Obviously this can't be too frustrating, as I still play.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.
24, retail manager. I just graduated from school with a degree in Economics and Math. I've played WoW since 7th grade (vanilla). I've raided the entire time, and was terrible in Vanilla. I've gotten close to a lot of people I played with, meeting our old MT in HBDC at PAX prime in seattle, where we hung out for the weekend. It was great! I play League of Legends once in a while, used to play it a lot more than I do now, which was fun. I don't really care what class I play in WoW, and have rerolled multiple times for multiple guilds, I just want to have fun while progressing. I am currently playing with a real life friend of mine, who is a healer (also looking for a raid spot).

Are you applying as a raider or a casual?
Raider.

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)?
Raider Addict, based on your categories. I strive to meet all raids I can, and I've raided 20+ hour weeks in guilds before, so stepping back will be a nice respite.

Our current raid team meets on Tues/Thurs 6-8:30 Server Time
Perfect!

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.
d. "50 DKP Minus". :P

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you?
You will focus on killing the best bosses there are. Some guilds are content sitting in Highmaul raiding, outgearing it and just crushing it, but a progression guild always wants to push itself to kill the hardest bosses it can. The speed with which progression is done, and the intensity, is what separates rank 1 from rank 1000 guilds.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK.
MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20, AQ40, Naxx40, Naxx, Uld, TotGC, ICC, BoT, BWD, Firelands, DS, MSV, ToES, HoF, ToT, SoO, HM. No BRF experience, and no mythic WoD exp at all.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why?
Blackfuse heroic, thok heroic, lei shen heroic. These bosses required huge coordination and tight timing. My favorite was Garrosh heroic, although that was far easier than lei shen heroic.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why?
Garrosh H, Lei Shen H, Ra Den, Tortos. MoP was when I was most into raiding, and getting end-tier boss kills was an awesome feeling. Tortos is where I got my rank 1 demo rank on 10H, so that will always stick out to me.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why?
WeakAuras allows for CD management no other addon can match, elvui for beauty...Petjournal enhanced because battle pets are great ^_^

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.
http://snag.gy/cfkqL.jpg
that link might break, not sure. I can provide another method if it does.

Btag: Witchhuuunt#1444

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:16 pm
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Post Re: Raiding Application for Leviathan
I read over your app and the only thing that concerns me is your raiding experience. There are a few BC raids you are missing and that for some reason seems relevant. Just kidding.
We would love to have you and your healing friend aboard. You can find any one of the officers in game for an invite. You will see all my characters and alts listed below. You can also try to find: Kentuckyrose, Hamburgerbun, Mavgret, Padalex or Karsim for an invite. Look forward to seeing you in game.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:44 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Raiding Application for Leviathan
I am ROSE and I approve this application.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:48 am
Report this post
Cave Troll