View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Poinkerz mage raiding application 
Loiterer

Post Poinkerz mage raiding application
Main character name: Poinkerz
Class: Mage
Level: 100
Preferred Talent Spec: Frost
Off-spec: Fire and Arcane
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... z/advanced

Alt Names/Classes/Levels: I am somewhat new to this server so I only have one level 100 here. I used my free level 90 character boost on a character on Proudmoore when blizz first released the preorder of WoD. I had a friend who used to play on this server but has since quit. I played on Doomhammer a while back and have 3 90s I no longer play. I also did some pvp on Tichondrius last expansion. I also don't mind transferring them to this server if need be.
Main character on Tich(hunter)- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... i/advanced
Main character on Doomhammer(DK)- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... s/advanced along with a resto/feral druid and a destro lock.

Previous 3 guilds: I was only ever part of 1 other guild on Proudmoore, Aeon Eternal (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/proud ... 20Eternal/), which for some reason has decided to kick all their members so I'm left guildless.
On Doomhammer I have been part of the guild Trained Monkeys(http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/doomh ... d_Monkeys/) for many years.
On Tichondrius I was part of a pvp guild that has since been disbanded.

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable. The guild leader of my last guild decided to kick everyone apart from a few from the guild. I don't know why they did this but it was sudden and had no explanation. They were a fairly unsocial guild.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us? I saw this guild in guild finder on wow. Im interested in raiding and simply looking for a new, sociable guild. This guild seems to be a very well structured and serious, exactly what I'm looking for.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for? This is the only guild im applying for.

What do you find most rewarding about the game? The sheer amount of amusement its provided me along the years.

What do you find most frustrating? Im a very patient and quiet person. I don't easily give up and usually work hard in order to achieve a goal.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it. As I said I'm a very patient and quiet person. I go out of my way to help others and never hurt others for pure amusement. I'm 17 year old and currently in High school. I have been told I'm much more mature than others my age so please don't dismiss me for the typical unmature highschool stereotype. I live on eastern standard time, more specifically Ohio. I have been playing wow since the end of Wrath. I have never been too serious as a player, especially in MoP I was a very casual player taking many on/off breaks. With the release of WoD I would like to start raiding and taking the game more seriously. As for bad things about me, I'm a fairly shy person in the real world. I'm much more sociable and open to people online. I can't think of anything else that's not too personal. For personal interests other than gaming I'm a big fan of programming and building computers. I also love 3D graphic design/motion graphics.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual? I'm applying for a raiding position. If I can't get a spot as a raider I would still love to be part of the guild as a casual until future spots open.

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)? I would like to say 100% but I know that's a lie because life happens.

Which raid team are you applying for? Tues/Thurs or Fri/Sat? Preferably the Fri/Sat raid group but I could always make room for the Tues/Thurs one too. The only problem with the Tuesday and Thursday raid group is that it may conflict with school. School is always a priority over video games but I will work extra hard to get things done in order to meet guild expectations.

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you: C. In recent LFG highmaul and past raiding experiences I tend to take charge and lead the fights when no one else is willing to step up. I'm not one to dismiss others ideas if I don't like them. I'm always willing to try new things.
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.
d. "50 DKP Minus". :P

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you: C. I always give people constructive criticizem, even if they might not want any because I feel that its important.
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you? I always thought the word "progression" was a term used for hardcore guilds who do nothing but raid. Its not what I'm looking for this early in the expansion. I'm looking for a more casual raiding group that doesn't expect pure perfection in a player abilities.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. I have done very little raiding in the past expansions. I have dabbled around in flex during MoP a few times but have mostly been doing LFR. I am doing LFG for Highmaul, or at least trying. Its kinda hard conducting a raid with only half the people in a vent chat. On an unrelated note, I'm not sure if dps is important so im putting it here just in case. I'm usually one of the highest if not the highest in a raid group, that being LFR and LFG. The average range is usually around 17k to 21k on my screen depending on the stage of the fight. Just thought it might be important.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why? I have found the butcher to be the most challenging boss for me this expansion. Its hard to get a group of random people to stack while having 2 other people switching in and out of the groups for his cleave. Still a great fight that I thoroughly enjoy.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why? My favorite is probably Kargath Bladefist. The fight isn't too challenging but still brings some difficulty to the table.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why? 1) Bartender 4 because of the simplicity of keybinding along with the moving of action bars. 2) Recount to see where I stand in the DPS ranking. 3) Atlas Loot so I can find a new transmog. :D

If possible, please link a photo of your UI. http://imgur.com/BzK2PEB Just a quick screenshot of the UI I have been using for the past few months. I like to think its fairly clean.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:40 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Poinkerz mage raiding application
Heya Poinkerz,

Thanks for the application - well written and simple. Always looking for more raiders and we start our Friday group tonight! Hopefully I can find you in game to throw an invite. We are more about maturity than age and we run a fairly clean guild chat. We just like to play the game without all the drama :)

We don't kick people even when they are inactive, and its too bad your guild leader did that!

Sounds like you know the fights and that dps looks pretty good.

Hope to see you in game!

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 pm
Report this post