View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:03 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Application Ankleganker Rogue 
Post Application Ankleganker Rogue
Main character name: Ankleganker
Class: Rogue
Level: 100
Preferred Talent Spec: Assassination
Off-spec: Subtlety
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ker/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels: Drplacebo - priest - 90; Tableleg - warrior - 90; Drshocks - Shaman - 90

Previous 3 guilds: Versus

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable.
I can't really name any guilds except the one I'm in right now - which is basically just a leveling guild - since I haven't played the game seriously in a long time.
Haven't really been in a guild for a while for any reason beyond the guild perks.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?
I've been looking to start raiding in WoD & can only raid on the weekend. You guys seem like the perfect mixture of
relaxed and serious. I found you through googling weekend raiding guilds and finding a post on the wow forums.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for?
Not yet

What do you find most rewarding about the game?
Haven't raided in a long time, but I really like working hard at mastering a boss fight with a bunch of guys who are equally motivated.
Also like arena - that stuff's pretty cool.

What do you find most frustrating?
Things that are super grindy. People who stand in fires. Blood elves.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.
I'm 21, I live in the northeast & I'm a D1 track athlete. I like to write fiction & I'm a computer science major. Let's talk about homebrewing.
WoW's my guilty pleasure, I've been playing since 2006 and have always struggled with finding the right balance without it taking over my life. Have played every single expansion in some amount.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual?
Raider

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)?
I suppose between raider and raider addict - Track season will be starting this winter & spring and I'll be gone on Fridays and most of the day Saturday (some weeks will be back before raids start Saturday, though) when we have meets every two to three weeks. Schedule's set in stone though, so I'll know weeks & months in advance when I can make raids or not.

Which raid team are you applying for? Tues/Thurs or Fri/Sat?
Fri/Sat

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.
d. "50 DKP Minus". :P

Everyone makes mistakes! As long as everyone's motivated and wants to learn, mistakes are how you get better.

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

It's just pressing buttons, everyone can do it.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you?
We want to challenge ourselves. Not interested in the epeen contest (like US raid rank), just want to
get better at something with people I like hanging out with.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK.
Not much, raided the 20 man raids in Vanilla and some kara in TBC. On and off all through the expansions but never been part of a regularly scheduled raiding guild.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why?
Again, haven't been part of a lot of raiding but I remember Aran being pretty hard just because one person's mistake could screw up the whole raid.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why?
Really enjoyed XT-002 just because of the audio...always cracked me up. I still have the "No no no no no" macro'd to my vanish button...

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why?
Recount - there's two sides to dps addons and you definitely don't want to so tunnel visioned on DPS that you miss fight mechanics and take too much damage...but at the end of the day, your job is to do as much damage as possible, so it's important.
Weakauras - easy simple interface to show procs etc
Auctionator - blizz's default interface sucks

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.
http://imgur.com/ykw2AjA
haven't done much since WoD borked my addons

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Application Ankleganker Rogue
Hiya Ankle,

Thanks for the application. Normally someone would have replied by now, but all our officers are probably in game trying to level and gear up for raid starts! It being Sunday, I usually do not log on, choose to spend the day at church and doing family things. Once in awhile I hop on if I need to take care of Guild Business.

Did you get a chance to read our guidelines and policies? We are a mature adult guild where people come to relax and enjoy the game in a non threatening way.

We do have room for sneaky little rogues. We are building the Fri/Sat raid team (think we have about 15 potential raiders for weekend), but at this time we do not have a raid leader. As long as there is room, everyone who can raid during the week is welcome to raid with us until we get a Raid Leader for the weekend team.

Not sure if I will be on later or not, but feel free to whisper an officer in game (Padalex, Iamsmash, Mourningsun, Moarbleedz, or Katli, for an invite. Let them know you apped on the forum and KR said it was okay, in case they haven't logged on to forum today :)

I approve this Application.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:55 am
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
I sure hope he wasn't trying to get in contact with me....the name is Mourningsun not Mourningside :)

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

"cry" roflol I was soooo tired when I replied. So sorry Trif! Seriously you could have just changed your name so I didn't feel bad......

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:30 pm
Report this post
Hi,
Thanks for the invitation, but I'm sorry for wasting your time - I've had lag issues and realized I need to stick to the east coast datacenters & will be looking for other guilds.

All best

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:10 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

No worries, Good Luck!

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:57 am
Report this post
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]