View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:51 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 ProtWar/HolyPally Application to Raid 
 ProtWar/HolyPally Application to Raid
[/color]Main character name: Xoshielle
Class: Prot Warrior
Level: 90
Preferred Talent Spec: Protection
Off-spec:
Link to your character's armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Xoshielle/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels: LaughterSong - Hunter - 90

Previous 3 guilds: Currently in Respec as a MT, however I find the guild very unsociable and it might be clicky -it's hard to tell in the short time I have been in.
I Have been for 7+ years in the guild, "The Order of Seraphim" - and adult raid progression guild, which was launched in Vanilla and ran successfully through WoLK - Raid ICC HM 25man where we were consistently #3 or #4 on our server in progression and server firsts. I was the MT (though I encouraged all other tank specs to MT and found OT at times more of a challenge), Raid Orchestrator & Guild Leader. Our guild was about Team - building cohesive, seamless teams and building bonding, lasting relationships. Our raid nights were 4 times per week. It was not uncommon for folks to stay in vent until the wee hours of the morning chatting, laughing, and participating in general antics due to how well guild-mates/friends got along. We also participated in older raid content.

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable. Sadly while approximately 8/12 in ICC HM my guild was hacked. Approximately one week later I had to physically move out of state and did not resume game-play until the 3rd month of Cata launch. Though many phone calls were made and discussions with GMs had prior to my move, Blizzard dropped the ball and I/We lost everything - over 1million in gold and raid mats. The guild had also been dis-banned. Due to my home server dying out during the Cata expansion I love contact with 80% of my friends and guildies; 5 of us transferred to Proudmoore.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?

I heard about this particular guild via and advertisement I placed in Proudmoore Forums. According to KentuckyRose - Rosie the guild mirrors what I and my partner Arentaes (Holy Pally - pocket heals) are seeking.

"Combined - both of us have an extensive raid background, however we are seeking a guild that is both mature in nature & serious about raid progression - building determined, dedicated seamless teams etc. BUT possesses a positive mind-set & enjoyable, relaxed guild environment.

While steady raid progression is of great value to us, the general (healthy) atmosphere and well-being of the guild is even more essential.

It is important to us both that the guild is organized & focused on gearing-up/dungeons/raids however, that the guild environment is conducive to genuinely enjoying time spent with one another while participating in other avenues of general game play; that light-hearted open communication be encouraged and that officers go out of their way to treat each and every player (especially newer recruits) with dignity and respect."

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for? Thus far I have not found an adult guild that meets my/our criteria.

What do you find most rewarding about the game? Perhaps one of the most enjoyable aspects of WoW is building cohesive raid teams within the body of friends via guild. Though I may be a high ranking Raid Tank in a particular guild, I am (We both are) very social by nature, fun-loving, and enjoy reaching out to assist or teach other players. I enjoy Raid Progression - I enjoy Server Firsts, I hope to belong to a solid Semi Hard core raid team, however it is all in vain when not surrounded by friends who's company you enjoy.

In my honest opinion it the Team that laughs together & progresses together that Succeeds and/or achieves Server First's, not individuals with High Item-Levels.

What do you find most frustrating? Lack of communication, self Centered Officers, Seeing a solid guild not reach out to new members to make them feel welcome. Stagnate guild environment, Impatient raid leaders, a lack of maturity, common sense and general good taste from players within said guild. Also and perhaps more importantly to the raid environment a lack of team and believing in each and every player.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

I was a very serious Equestrian Arts (Horse Show Jumping - Dressage) competitor for many years. I had to temporarily give this passion up but hope to return to riding this Summer. I have the equivalent of a Masters in IT - proprietary systems and Multimedia. I absolutely love animals and being outdoors hiking and fishing. I also love to garden. I love Fast Cars and the Seattle Seahawks. I currently reside in the Seattle, WA area with my Boyfriend/Partner Aaron aka Arentaes the Holy Pally and our rambunctious Pembrook Welsh Corgi, "Oliver". I hope to breed him soon for more Molten Corgis!

Are you applying as a raider or a casual? I am more of a "hard core" type though rusty due to not playing much in Cata or MoP.

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)?

In the last Expac WoLK where I seriously raided, I missed 1 raid. I don't see showing up prepared in a timely manner as a challenge.

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue. ALWAYS
d. "50 DKP Minus". :P

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve. ... again ALWAYS and especially depending on attitude and desire.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you?

Progression to me means A LOT wiping - JK ...well sorta; it means to work as a team to successfully negotiate complicated mechanics and seamlessly succeed at pushing ahead into the raid content one boss at a time - Farming is content already learned by the team/guild and comfortable with so as to gear up members. Gear is ONLY a tool to enable individuals and teams to progress.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK.

:arrow: I will Include "OUR" background as we are a ProtWarrior HolyPally Team - Aaron has been working very long days and as to date due to long Que times cannot even log into the game. I am hoping he will find time to fill out your application.

Our Background

Prot Warrior: Been playing since 3 months after WoW launched. Began OT in MC, UBRS, AQ etc. Began MT in BC - Kara through TK - missed the last 3 Raids due to physical move. Raided again as MT in WoLK from Naxx through ICC HM 25-man.

MT'd for a guild that was usually #3 or #4 in Raid Progression on the server and was always in the top 5 for progression/gear as a Prot Warrior.

Holy Pally: Began playing in BC. Began raid Tank-Healing in WoLK Naxx through ICC HM 25-man as was in the top 10% US for progression/gear during most of WoLK raids with many server first's and achievements.

Due to yet another physical move we began Cata 3 months into the expansion. Sadly while away our guild was both hacked and disbanded. Our server also died so we had a challenging time finding a raid guild.

At the onset of MoP we both Transferred to the realm Proudmoore US where (due to all the changes to raiding) we once again struggled to find a solid raiding guild lead by positive minded, organized adults. It did not take long for both of us to lose interest in the game.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why? C'thun - do you really need to ask ;) The Twins - tanking those puppies was a real challenge in regards to coordination of Tanks. *still has nightmares* LK and esp LK HM. It took us 8 weeks just to learn the phases. Sindragosa was a challenge for the raid as a whole. Yogg took some time to learn.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why? The Lich King and - truthfully the ones we wiped the most on, progressed inch by inch but in the end we succeeded! WoLK my guild hit it's stride and I was beyond blessed to have not only some of the most talented players but the most unbelievable people and friends wiping along side me.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why? ELVUI - BigWigs or DBM - Omen - SKADA

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.[/color] I would love to but am still 2 hours in que of the game. I worked very hard on my UI and am proud of it.

Thank you KentuckyRose and fellow guildies for the opportunity to apply to your wonderful guild. I am excited to learn more about you and perhaps chat with you personally via Vent/Mumble.

If all goes well I am happy to move my Warrior Tank over as I absolutely love the challenge and reward of Raid Tanking. I am able to move my Hunter - LaughterSong immediately if all goes well.

My Boyfriend - Arentaes who is my "pocket" heals/Holy Pally has a lvl 90 Disc Priest as well.

You can contact me at: [email protected]
Find me in game on: Xoshielle or LaughterSong
Or perhaps via this forum/website.

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 pm
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Post Re: ProtWar/HolyPally Application to Raid
Hey Xoshielle, thanks for putting in this very detailed app. I enjoy when people take the time to do what you did, you basically gave me almost no questions to ask. Seems like you and your significant other are very experience in raiding, since you've been doing it since Vanilla. I am a Vanilla player as well it's good to see folks from back in the day :).

Just wanted to outline that first off for the new expansion we will be running a Tuesday - Thursday group into the new raids to start off the expansion. I just wanted to make sure these nights wouldn't be a problem for you.

Secondly I see that you listed yourself as kind of a hard-core player. I've been down that road before as well and I can say that this is not quite the atmosphere in this guild. We are more of a family type guild that strive to help each other and overcome obstacles rather than berating and calling people out. Now I'm not trying to say that this is the kind of person you are by any means, please don't misunderstand me. I am just making sure that the kind of atmosphere we have in the guild is okay with you and that you won't be disappointed we aren't as hard-core as you hoped we would be.

If everything I wrote is okay with you then I approve of this app.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:35 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

LaughterSong - I love your name!

I have an Auntie who lives in the Seattle Are and Hubby and I lived there in umm let me think ...........1974 - wow long time ago.

I absolutely adore Corgis, they are my favorite breed of dog!

I had a horse when I was 16 that I had to sell after gettingmarried and since moving to Kentucky 7 years ago have had about 8 differnet horses, we are down to just one now, as I can't ride anymore. He is our Pasture Art :) A big old bear that thinks he is a puppy. My granddaughter (16 now) was doing Equestrian Jumping, but she is legally blind and a year ago discovered Equestrian Vaulting which she absolutely loves.

Okay enough of that. Great application! I am glad you were able to chat with a guild member. We have a family and friends package so if one person gets in the guild all their family friends and yes even alts get in too :lol:

I think these days Hard Core has a different meaning than it did years ago. Nowadays hard core and even semi hard core is more synonymous with raging, berating etc. What you described to me is closer to what we have always promoted and that is progression with rules but compassion for people. We call it "casual progression" but we expect our Raiders to know the fights and stay out of stuff, come on time, be prepared with enchants and gems, but also know there is a learning curve and that sometimes more often than not we are gonna wipe over and over while we learn and improve with each wipe. As your answers to our little quiz demonstrated you and we are all about helping each other to get better and get bosses down. We are all about enjoying the experience, laughing and joking together while progressing. I have never ever heard one of our raiders deny something was ther fault when we wiped, most will say oops my bad, so sorry, but our raid leaders never call anyone out or rub it in when we make stupid mistakes. They usually help us back on our feet, say "no worries" or "its all good" and we get back on our horse for another try. That being said, once in awhile we get a raider who wants to raid and really just doesn't have what it takes. We give them all the help we can, and if they don't improve then we will chat with them about maybe practicing more and trying again later. This is rare as most people in our guild are cognizant enough to know if they can cut it or not.

These guildies are my family, they have supported me thru thick and thin in the last almost 2 years, and I think you will love being with us.

If you get in anytime today do whisper for an invite. You will be more than welcome. :D

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:09 pm
Report this post
Thank you so much for your kind and personable response.

Tuesdays and Thurdays are fine days to raid... sadly I don't remember the time frame. 6:00 PM Pacific server time starting or a bit later is optimal due to Aaron's work schedule at times. He usually arrives home by 5:30; but life happens.

As far as my take on "hard core". I am more "semi" Hard core. I love to progress - but never at the cost of insulting an individual player/person or degrading a player or a team-mate. I have learned that believing in someone and investing in them as a person first surpasses any sort of derogatory comment. I have been the butt of both hurtful jokes and mean comments. I myself do not perform well under those circumstances but thrive when someone or a group of someones believes in me in Spite of my making mistakes and I (tanks) make plenty.

I love to progress and to do that I know for a fact it takes a team of positive like minded individuals who respect one another.

My last guild, the one I loved so dearly; we progressed well BECAUSE we had this unbelievable comradery. THIS is what I want; we want.

The more I chat with players outside my realm of old personal friends and guild-mates or those who knew of our guild the more I come to understand that there is more "berating" in Hard core or semi hard core guilds than I am accustomed to. My guild was molded in such a fashion due to my negative experience in other "raid" guilds as a female MT.

Of course I would love some server firsts but that is not something that can be pushed; it just has to happen naturally due to being involved in an amazing team of like-minded players. It will happen because we mesh; we are cohesive and that takes time.

I have a few questions:

1) How many raid teams do you have now or do you desire to have?

2) Will you try to accomplish Mythic raiding if there is interest and ability?

3) Will your team(s) use Monday to progress if needed? I know a lot has changed in raiding within WoW. It's not a complaint at all - I am not used to raiding just 2 days per week.

3) Are you in need of a Warrior Tank and Pally Healer for a specific team currently?

4) What voice system do you facilitate?

5) I just joined a guild with my Warrior and am in the "A" team as MT...however while in guild I chat/ask, "how is everyone doing today" and there is no response. It does not matter what I do or say... well it's just not me; the guild is very quiet - almost ice cold.

After being in the same guild with wonderful individuals flooding guild chat and participating in antics & jokes - I can't help but desire the same environment.

6) I was wondering if I could join on my Hunter - LaughterSong for a week if approved to get a feel for the guild environment prior to moving my tank. I am not one to leap from guild to guild. I have a fairly high standard of ethics and accountability. I just can't help but wonder what is wrong with the guild I am in now that there is so little conversation going on.

After our guild was hacked, and our server died Aaron and I tried several guilds - Many promises; few delivered. Again environment are far more important to me that the speed of progression. I want to feel welcome and eventually at home.

7) Would you like to chat with us both in Vent/Mumble first?

*Side note* I waited over 6 hours to log in. Aaron and I made it to Blasted Lands and then the big DC happened. We cannot log back in and have tired for the last 30 minutes. The thought of waiting another 6 hours day after day is a bit discouraging.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:34 am
Report this post
Veteran

I just wrote this really long 20 page novel of answers to all of your questions filled with compelling characters, plot-twists and a surprise ending on my phone while watching the football game on tv. I hit the send button and was greeted with an error message essentially losing the message. So now I am in my backyard burning an old dial up modem to appease the internet gods so it doesn't happen again. I apologize in advance that this message will not be as detailed.

To answer up your first few questions, we currently only have one raid team, which is the Tues/Thurs. We have hopes to start a Fri/Sat team as well once we are a bit more established and can look further into the best raid days for our players. I am currently the raid leader of our Tues/Thurs team and my main goal for our raid team is essentially getting into Mythic raiding. That would be as you say my end game goal. I have high hopes for my team and think with the proper pushing and support we will have no problem eventually getting there. I honestly see no problem to using another raid day to try and get through a raid if we have enough people who are willing to come and we can field an entire raid team to finish up loose ends, I would be all for going in on Sunday or Monday to accomplish this.

Currently we use vent for all of our raiding needs. Unfortunately I believe nobody really uses it at this point outside of raiding. I am not 100% on this as I have just come back from an extended break, so Kentuckyrose would easily be the better person to ask about that. Now with that said our Guild chat is hardly ever silent, only on the occasions where there only a few people on, like on off hours of the day or night. During normal hours people are usually talking for the most part, a lot of us have been together a long time and it's sometimes hard to get people to be quiet while your trying to get stuff done :).

As far as our raid team goes, we have 2 confirmed tanks signed up on our roster, I was going to be the designated back-up in case one of them had RL issues to attend to. Now I am the kind of person that loves every aspect of this game so me being a back-up tank isn't necessary and I can easy jump to my boomkin to raid because I love playing him just as much as tanking. Now I am not 100% if both of the confirmed tanks are dead set on being tanks or what, but I can talk to them and see if maybe we could set up some kind of system of rotating out tanks so we can get all 3 of you accustomed to the fights so even when one isn't there things still flow like the Mississippi. Is having to dps some nights something that would make or break your decision to join us?

As for your last few questions, you are absolutely more than welcome to join us on one of your alts if you want to feel out the atmosphere of the guild. Hell you can bring in 5 if you want. Even if you want to bring in your mains for a trial with us, if you come in and don't like what you see you can definitely go find what you are looking for. We will never hold grudges and even if you aren't in the guild would always lend a helping hand.

As for your side note. Don't worry about the queue times too much. I just went through an equally frustrating night as you did. I waited 5 hours in queue to log in only to get in 25 seconds of playtime then get disconnected. Blizzard personally lowered the population caps on all realms to try and isolate a problem they were having with latency. I have a feeling within the next 24 hours they will have everything handled and you won't see queue times again. I have been on this realm for 2+ years now and that's even counting the MoP expansion release and this is the first queue I've ever seen. So please don't let that discourage you.

For invite you can get with either myself (my in game characters I will be on will either be Damnediam or Mourningsun) or your best bet is to get with Kentuckyrose. She is easily the more assessable person to get a hold of. I think she plays the game 22 hours a day and lives off of energy drinks and power naps.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:45 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Quote:
I just wrote this really long 20 page novel of answers to all of your questions filled with compelling characters, plot-twists and a surprise ending on my phone while watching the football game on tv. I hit the send button and was greeted with an error message essentially losing the message.

Yeah Right Trif!

Quote:
The more I chat with players outside my realm of old personal friends and guild-mates or those who knew of our guild the more I come to understand that there is more "berating" in Hard core or semi hard core guilds than I am accustomed to.

Sadly this is so true and why we are careful to make sure people know we are a Progression Guild, but in no way Hard Core or eve Semi Hard Core as they are very nearly the same these days.

I will try to address your questions here also, even tho Trif beat me to it!
Quote:
How many raid teams do you have now or do you desire to have?

As Mourning (I call him Trif) said we will be starting with a Tues/ THurs Team unless we get a Raid leader in for the second team. I have about 6 prospective recruits who are interested in Fri/Sat Raiding and we have a few on Trif's team that would prefer to raid Fri/Sat. Also we have a boat load of people who just came back from an extended absence who have not yet committed to raiding but Iknow some of them want to raid. Basically we will start the 2nd team as soon as we can get it together.

Quote:
Will you try to accomplish Mythic raiding if there is interest and ability?

Yea, what Trif said!

Quote:
Will your team(s) use Monday to progress if needed? I know a lot has changed in raiding within WoW. It's not a complaint at all - I am not used to raiding just 2 days per week.

We have done this occasionally in the past and it is totally up to the raid leader.

Quote:
Are you in need of a Warrior Tank and Pally Healer for a specific team currently?

As Trif said we have two lined up, but I also am not sure if they are dead set on tanking. I know Padalex(DK) has been our raid leader up till now and has always been willing to go OS so someone else can tank. Gardenguard(Warrior) is the other and again not sure if he is dead set or not, although he did ask if he could be our Warrior Healer since we didn't have one. :roll: Trif can find out for you if we ever get in game again :lol: .

Quote:
What voice system do you facilitate?

Yep, Vent - we actually at this time have access to 2 one is Trif's which he has generously provided for the guild for as long as I have been here and the other is provided for us by Rasse and Xilynn who are not playing at this time due to having opened a new restaurant in Florida. They graciously paid for vent and will be back when they get things running smoothly, as well as get computers in their office :)

Quote:
It does not matter what I do or say... well it's just not me; the guild is very quiet - almost ice cold.
After being in the same guild with wonderful individuals flooding guild chat and participating in antics & jokes - I can't help but desire the same environment.

While there may be times when you log on that people are silent please do not think they are cold. Our busy times are in the evening and now that Expac is here, there will be plenty of chat. We do however have some members that are extremely shy and will rarely say anything except maybe a TY on getting a grats. My son knew all the older members so when I say so and so won't chat much, he lets me know they are super shy and its just the wayit is. The good thing is they feel comfortable in the guild with not having to chat so its all good. I don't hold this against them, I understand as I spent the first year in this guild in silent mode. For the most part when the majority of our members are on, there will be guild chat, and plenty of it. I also know that some people run a lot of chats such as trade, and general and often just plain miss the guild chat (my husband is hugely guilty of this, I have finally gotten him away from general and trade chat, but still he tends to focus on what he is doing rather than the chat lol) Seriously everyone is super friendly and even the new members jump right in and chat. On the other hand, some of us never shut up. I am sure that some people ( I wont mention any names like Josh or Smash or Trif), would happily see me talk less :lol:

Quote:
I was wondering if I could join on my Hunter - LaughterSong for a week if approved to get a feel for the guild environment prior to moving my tank. I am not one to leap from guild to guild. I have a fairly high standard of ethics and accountability. I just can't help but wonder what is wrong with the guild I am in now that there is so little conversation going on.

Absolutely and as Trif said feel free to bring even your mains, we hold no hard feelings if you feel the need to move on. Give us a wave as you leave and we will wish you luck wherever you go. I too have beenin those clickish silent guilds onother realms and quickly left them. They left me feeling less than human :( Hubby and I finally created our own personal guilds on all the other realms - between the rudeness and the vulgarity/obscenities it was just no fun.

Quote:
Again environment are far more important to me that the speed of progression. I want to feel welcome and eventually at home.

This is exactly how we feel and the environment we work hard to achieve.

Quote:
Would you like to chat with us both in Vent/Mumble first?

Not at all necessary, you come across as someone who is like minded and I think you would be an asset to any guild! It will be our good fortune if you decide to join us!

Okay, I finished writing my book! ;)

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:28 am
Report this post
 Re: ProtWar/HolyPally Application to Raid
You Sir?... I wish chat showed gender - are one talented writer. I propose this be expedited to a qualified publishing agent with the promise of a sequel. I would then expect a hefty 5% of any monies generated off of sales.

I just tried to log into WoW to contact you or a guild member and have been "banned" from the use of the game. Yup.... see I too logged on yesterday after a 6 hour que to be DC'd and then found myself unable to get back in so I used a Proxy server that I use every so often and have for years to speed things up - Blizz loves to auto ban players for using WTFast - which is in no way breaking ToU, however a GM told me that "certain character profiles tend to use proxy servers" Gold Farmers/botters *cough cough* Blizz just uses the big "BAN HAMMER" callously. So now I get to jump through the hoops of blizzardy fire online and try to convince them of..... (fill in blankety blanks here) but in reality will most likely create some random tech emergency and just call to wait undlessly on hold due to all their server related latency issues blah blah blah that noob players think phoning in personally and tying up phone lines will fix.

When and IF I get back into the game, I will contact KentuckyRose or yourself for an invite.

:arrow: As far as Tanking....this is vital to me. I am always happy to accommodate a team with a change if necessary, however my greatest joy in this game is Tanking and esp raid tanking and I come with my own pocket healer. :D I am happy to bring my Hunter and see how things pan out. Best team I have ever tanked with was Warrior/Pally scenario. I usually just "peel" off the pallies cons. when there exist vast numbers of multiple baddies who try to eat healer's faces or I am the one assigned to go after stubborn casters. Truthfully - though I ran with a 10 man team on off days I was usually in 25man so I am used to more "Stuff" and at least 2 tanks.

Another side note: When I logged on to our guild last night (28 players online) I wrote, "Hows everyone tonight" - no reply...er wait I think their might have been one. I did take a print screen of my UI at this point sorta killing 2 birds with one stone...er wait one bird was already dead or at least ice cold. I then proceeded to be gabby about some random craziness and again, no response. The GM who works late various nights of the week logs in. Of course I jumped in with "Hey there _____ How are you tonight? Good to see you~!" ...wait for it....wait some more....still waiting AND *Nothing* Aaron and I both wrote, "Good night" prior to logging. He received no response and not one player has ever written one single word to him since he joined last week. I did get one "night" from some random player. I feel special!

.... tell me in your humble opinion - Even if this guild turns out to be a great raiding guild ( I have my doubts), isn't there something wrong with this picture? Oh and they do all hang out in vent or at least the officers all day long.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:17 pm
Report this post
Veteran

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles with the ban. Due to the high amount of flak Blizzard is getting right now I am pretty sure that is going to be quite a bother to get cleared up. Hopefully not and I will try to keep my optimism on your side. (Yes I am male and Kentuckyrose is the guild mom)

Yeah I've been in those guilds before and it's a less than ideal situation. Usually these are the guilds I get suckered into while I am leveling a hordie alt or something so I feel no shame in just gquitting on them.

As far as you wanting to tank goes, I completely understand this and most certainly would want you to play what you love. I know having a pocket healer is nice, it's just the way they set up the new raids you can have as many dps and healers as you want but no more than 2 tanks is kind of a drag. I wish you guys could have contacted me a year ago when I couldn't find another tank for our raid teams and had to try and pug one every week. That would have worked out swimmingly.

I will talk to the other 2 tanks and see if they have their heart set on tanking, if one of them would rather dps or heal I'll definitely let you know asap. As soon as I find out that information I will let you make the call on if you would rather come over to the dark side. KR is doing a good job of putting together a Fri/Sat raid team going which I know will most likely need a tank so it may work out to everyone's advantage in the end. I'll get back to you soon of what the other 2 tanks have to say on the matter.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:25 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Hey Laughter, looks like the tanks spots are definitely already spoken for on the Week Day Leviathan Team. Sorry it took so long to get that info, been hard to link up with people when you can't get in game! Wasn't 100% sure, but they have both said they do want to tank in WoD. You are more than welcome to join our guild anyway to get away from the unfriendly one you are in! So far, the Fri/Sat team still has a tank opening, one person is joining tomorrow to fill one tank spot.

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:18 am
Report this post
Well looks like Blizzard "Warden" temp banned me when I logged onto my account on my other system.

I am back in the game and would love to join on my Hunter Laughtersong.

If a second team is created I would love to tank esp if there is a AOE Or Pally tank too. As a matter of fact you would need at least 2 teams of course to feed into Mythic when the time comes.

:arrow: Xoshielle ;) is my main - I am on her now (today only 400 in Que instead of 4k to 7k with 14 hour waits) Yay!
I will try to find guildies for an invite. Thanks again

MarieElena#1624

Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:44 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

AWESOME! Look forward to having you in guild. I take Sundays off from WoW, unless we have a guild function where I am needed. If I even log on for a minute, I have no will power to log off LOL so gives me a day to do things that need doing around the house:) Hubby was on this morning before church and no queue time! Looked like there were 15 to 20 guildies on. Most all of them can throw you an invite :)

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 pm
Report this post