View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:56 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Xenodus - Warlock - Application 
Loiterer

Post Xenodus - Warlock - Application
Main character name: Xenodus (btag: xenodus#1931)
Class: Warlock
Level: 90
Preferred Talent Spec: Destruction
Off-spec: Affliction
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... dus/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels:

Krystellia/Resto Shaman/90

Previous 3 guilds:

Haven't really been in an actual guild since coming back in June this year.
Was in one call "posit" for perks when levelling to 90 back in Dark Iron before I transferred to Proudmoore.

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable.

Transferred to Proudmoore! Was only in a PvP server due to friends being there last time.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?

The Fri/Sat times aligns well with my usual play time. Found the info and link to the guild site via the official forums.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for?

No.

What do you find most rewarding about the game?

Experiencing and learning new encounters.
Also pet battles since its a pretty new part of the game to me. Didn't had it the last time I played.

What do you find most frustrating?

RNG and lockouts on older content's raids :-/

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

I'm 28 years old and currently a web developer at a mobile game development company located in Singapore.
I started playing wow back in 2006 till the end of wotlk around 2010, skipped cata and just came back to mop this June.
Prior to coming back, I spent the last year playing FFXIV and years in between on various other MMOs like The Secret World, Neverwinter and Rift.
I have a RL friend, Antonelico/Mage that plays with me whom is also applying to join the guild as well. Both of us are pretty soft spoken hence probably won't talk much in guild chats.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual?

Raider. I'm generally satisfied with just normal (heroic in wod) progression but definitely still interested in harder content.

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)?

Raider Addict.

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.
d. "50 DKP Minus". :P

b, b then c.

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

c

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you?

Willingness to spend a significant amount of time (2-3 hours a night for a couple of days or weeks) on fights.
During which improvement to the progress are made gradually via learning new mechanics or mastery of phases.
However, that does not mean wasting time if its obvious there is a roadblock like gear check that can't be circumvented.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK.

14/14 for normal SoO.
Till Ragnaros in Vanilla, Felmyst in Sunwell Plateau in TBC, Lich King normal and Sindragosa Heroic in WotLK with 1 stack of buff before quitting.
Was a warlock during all expansions and raids though I had to delete my vanilla era lock and remade another in TBC due to faction restriction back then not allowing 2 different faction on the same realm.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why?

Ever since coming back... Malkorok when I'm pugging due to puddles exploding.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why?

I remembered it was really fun getting to the end of trial of the crusader with all attempts available as well as working with my group back then to defeat the Lich King before the zone wide buff was implemented though we only managed to eventually got it with 1 stack of it.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why?

DBM - Heard there's a better one these days call VEM but haven't really gotten around to test it.
Bartender + SUF - Just never liked the default UI and their placement.
OpenQueue - Wouldn't have cleared so many things in pugged groups without it!

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.
http://imgur.com/pKdwEez - Waving at you ~

*Updated with colors to match Artonelico's :P

Last edited by xenodus on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:43 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Xenodus - Warlock - Application
Hey thanks for the application. I will throw you an invite when I see you on.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:55 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Xenodus - Warlock - Application
Ha, obviously I was way too tired to be replying to posts early this morning lol!

Quote:
The Fri/Sat times aligns well with my usual play time. Found the info and link to the guild site via the official forums.

Although we do plan a Fri/Sat group, we do not have a raid leader at this time for that group. I am hoping after WoD hits and everyone finds the toon they want to level, someone might decide they want to lead the Fri/Sat team. Many of us are flexible and altho the first team up and running will probably be Tues/Thurs (that's when Mourning is able to lead), we do plan to run a weekend team. Right now we have been raiding Saturdays when Padalex or Smash are able to raid lead. Hopefully you guys will stick with us while we get it all sorted out. With the upcoming changes to classes, people are no longer sure they plan to play their main class anymore!

Quote:
What do you find most rewarding about the game?

Experiencing and learning new encounters.
Also pet battles since its a pretty new part of the game to me. Didn't had it the last time I played.

A-HA! You did not mention Achievements! I think you must also enjoy them :lol:

Quote:
I'm 28 years old and currently a web developer at a mobile game development company located in Singapore.
I started playing wow back in 2006 till the end of wotlk around 2010, skipped cata and just came back to mop this June.
Prior to coming back, I spent the last year playing FFXIV and years in between on various other MMOs like The Secret World, Neverwinter and Rift.

This seems to be the story for a lot of people. Especially those from the first few years of WoW. People move to other things, real life steps in, or they just get discouraged. Whatever the reasons, we usually always accept people back into our guild (their toons are not kicked when they are absent) Only exception to that would be if they caused drama, but then LOL they probably wouldn't want back in. Its always good to welcome new faces and our guild is a pretty awesome one (just ask Geek) where people feel free to play the way they want, interact when they want, and just hang out in a safe, drama free/rage free guild.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:21 pm
Report this post