View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Rasse - Membership Application 
Loiterer

Post Rasse - Membership Application
======================Application Form=====================

Main character name: Rasse
Class: Druid
Level: 90
Preferred Talent Spec: Resto
Off-spec: Balance
Link to your character's armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Rasse/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels:

Rassie (shaman 90), Rasie (mage 87), Juco (priest 48), Krieo (hunter 48), Crieo (paladin 4)

I havent decided on a Main persay I miss my pally and would like to make a new one but if the guild has a tank already it would kinda sit on the shelf until needed, DPS are a dime a dozen, and I have Ilvl 510+ lvl 90 healers, so I am working on a character to play with the wife until she gets up to 90 and transferring characters gets expensive.

Previous 3 guilds:

Unseen (the venture co), BloodBathBeyond (the venture co) Light & Shadow (Lightninghoof)

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable.

Unseen and BloodBathBeyond kinda worked together Unseen was the heroic Raiding guild back before Pandaria, BloodBathBeyond was the laid back version, I belonged to both with two different characters. I left WOW shortly after pandaria for a break. Light & Shadow was my roomates guild brought over to wow after Dark Age Of Camelot started to get scarce on people playing, we my roomate and I moved over to the venture co.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us? 

I first spotted someone saying that they were looking for a raiding guild and it was him and his wife, this guild replied to him in that post on wow forums and I looked into you all by reading your forums and who you are what your loot rules were, what you did for raiding and I extremely like the fact you ask for Ilvl 510 for flex and the fact that no one got left behind so far on your 25's.

I like your rank structure from trial to soldier in having to give back to the guild and be active. All in All I would like to find a place we can call our online family to spend the time we have to play with mature structured people.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for?

After reading your forums and the information you have available, I was encouraged by the example that you set for the guild community. Other guilds Talk the talk but does not Walk the walk and the ones I have seen since I cam back either had gone under already or dwindled down in numbers. We are not in any applications with any other guild.

What do you find most rewarding about the game?

My Wife (LOL) .... We met on WOW in the same guild we had a get together with guildies and we took off from there, BUT in-game I love to take my character and see what I can make out of him, The Raids in wow I extremely enjoy as I have tanked, healed and dpsed them, I liked Northren Ice Crown era and old school raiding back when you had to get attuned for UBRS and MC it took 3 days to raid UBRS and LBRS

What do you find most frustrating?

Well a pet peave of mine to get frustrated would be going to raids and maybe wiping 3 times and the raid leader calling it off, I set my time in WOW to raid … It's what I like to do, I am one to find out why we are wiping and to overcome the disaster and move on to the next one, I don't like to quit. I also can't stand when a guild would rather pug because they do not have enough for a raid rather than helping other guild members with needs.

Ex. I have seen when a guild says you are ilvl 522 we are requiring ilvl 540-560 for a smooth run... now they wopuld only have 4 people going on a raid for a 25 man instead of maybe asking the guild to maybe do a few flex raids to help them along the pugged 21 ppl and did it on a constant bassis. I believe in helping in where we can, If you want to raid but do not have the numbers ready... get em ready!

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

Well I am 41 I spend a lot of time online .. but when I am not I am working with the wife on our Food Trailer http://www.facebook.com/wildfoodtruck

I was an executive Chef for Emeril here in Orlando until I decided to open my own trailer and attend events around our area, Most recently an offer to have our own restaurant was dropped in our lap and we are currently trying to get into a more stationary food presence in the orlando area, my family pitches in and we also are promoters opening our own events around the central florida area from farmers markets to BBQ cook offs to Food Truck Events.

We are originally from Brooklyn, Staten Island NY and Philly areas I have been in Fl for twenty years now and my wife ten years, We hope to buy our yearly disney passes and attend the parks when it cools down a bit (wow was it a hot summer)

When we are not online we go out shopping at the local malls and computer stores we love to visit Barnes & Noble, Books A Million & Starbucks

Are you applying as a raider or a casual?

We would Love to Apply as Raiders

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)?

I would say I would be a Raider Addict

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.
d. "50 DKP Minus". 

Lead by example … It does no good to get mad especially at a game your trying to have fun at.... find the problem / issue and overcome it in an efficient manner so everyone can move on for the night... and someone learns something to and geta a little better at their play style. So my answer would be

c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

Back in the day we had many people who stumbled along in the guild that were trying to be serious in raiding... because they were not up to par class leaders were there to help them get better it does no good for others or the guild and its reputation to just let someone go by the wayside so my answer is

c. try to work with them to help them improve.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you?

Progression to me means “Be all you can be” advance in stages to the highest you can from gems, enchants, food, knowing fights, knowing how the rest of the team works and most of all keep at it and never quit.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. 

I have healed on a priest for 6 years straight in vanilla through TBC , I have also Tanked on a Paladin and Druid from Vanilla Through WOTLK effectively. Pandaria cam out and I just needed to take a break after Cata that was supposed to be like old school raiding but wasnt. I have A lot of Raid EXP except for Pandaria but I am learning and would like to rebuild a pally tank.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why?

Kharazan and Naxx, Naxx always seemed to get me on “The Dance” at first until I got it, I can not think of the name but the Green Dragon inside Kara for me was the worst for some reason everything else was easy for me and I did not care for Chess.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why?

I would have to say that I enjoyed Those two raid in Kara and Naxx I liked the stye the content and scaleability, in Vanilla I liked when we had CC mages sheeped, hunters Ice Trapped, Balance Druids Slept etc... It was not a Face pull everything kinda raiding back then and I wish they would have brought that style back.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why?

Currently I am getting used to ElvUI I love it and hate it at the same time. For me Spartan UI is easier. I use big wigs as DBM falters from time to time my list would be

Recount, Omen, SP Timers, and as a ui Spartan unless I get used to ElvUI

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.

I will try to take a screenie and post it

Thank you for reading this and I hope to be a member that finds a home with enjoying the game as I do spending time with you all in a family atmosphere is what my wife and I would enjoy day to day.

Rasse-Rassie-Rasie-Juco-Crieo

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 am
Report this post
Loiterer

Post Re: Rasse - Membership Application
Attached is a screen of my ElvUI

Rasse

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:53 am
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Great application, I just want to put this out there before anything else. If the whole restaurant thing does not pan out for you in Orlando, I have an extra bedroom in my house you guys can stay in and cook for me and my wife. No rent necessary. :)
I am sure Rosey will be along shortly to give the more detailed response to your application. I will say this, currently I am not playing but intend to resub in the next month or so to get ready for the next expansion. If you should be available to raid on my team, I know I would be happy to stand down my tank if pally tanking is really where your heart is. I mostly tank because as a raid leader it often time allows me to not only lead in game and out but because usually tanks are what are almost always needed. That's not to say I don't love my DK but I think I love my Boomkin a tad more. Long story short. We in this guild would like to see people play what they love and not all the time play what is needed.

I am Mourningsun and I approve both these applicants.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:40 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Mourning you crack me up! I can't believe you got to these apps before I did! I tend to not be on the computer when the game is down, try to catch up on household stuff then! You better get back into this game before I forget who you are.

Crieo Thanks a bunch for the application. We have gone through a lot of changes over the last couple years, people come and people go, but the best have stayed with us. Sometimes they take breaks from the game like Mourning and some old guild leader named Kransar, but they always know the door is open when they come back.

We used to have a lot of people on day and night, but most of our players are working stiffs and so we tend to have more on in the evening. There are a few of us retired, or old folks, or shift workers who play during the day, but everyone has a life outside of WOW, so we just enjoy everyone when they are on.

Do you know what nights you will raid? We plan to have 2 teams a week day one and a week end one, but the nice thing about the flexible grouping will be that people with weird schedules can certainly play whichever team fits each week. We are aiming to have a solid core of 10 -12 minimum that will raid every week on each team.

Quote:
I like your rank structure from trial to soldier in having to give back to the guild and be active. All in All I would like to find a place we can call our online family to spend the time we have to play with mature structured people.

The rank structure changes a bit now and then, recently just did a temporary change in order to try out the mass invite system, which we did not like so I will be reworking them again. I like to try to maintain a basic structure that combines being active with loyalty :)

Quote:
Well a pet peave of mine to get frustrated would be going to raids and maybe wiping 3 times and the raid leader calling it off, I set my time in WOW to raid … It's what I like to do, I am one to find out why we are wiping and to overcome the disaster and move on to the next one, I don't like to quit. I also can't stand when a guild would rather pug because they do not have enough for a raid rather than helping other guild members with needs.

Ex. I have seen when a guild says you are ilvl 522 we are requiring ilvl 540-560 for a smooth run... now they wopuld only have 4 people going on a raid for a 25 man instead of maybe asking the guild to maybe do a few flex raids to help them along the pugged 21 ppl and did it on a constant bassis. I believe in helping in where we can, If you want to raid but do not have the numbers ready... get em ready!

Definitely can relate to that. I too get frustrated when people expect to down bosses with out wipes. I remember in DS when we would often practice on a boss for a couple weeks before finally getting him down. Learning the mechanics, gearing up a bit better, reforging in a different way. The old Guild Leader Kransar, had nothing better to do except pour over WoL and let us know where we could improve. I don't do that, but we do talk about what we can do different or try that might help.

We do have quite a few guild members that used to raid, but just enjoy the game without raiding now. And that's fine, maybe we can eventually entice them back to raiding, but its all good, its a game and people should be having fun. I as well as others are usually willing to help other raiders out with gearing, running stuff etcetera.

Quote:
Well I am 41 I spend a lot of time online .. but when I am not I am working with the wife on our Food Trailer http://www.facebook.com/wildfoodtruck

I was an executive Chef for Emeril here in Orlando until I decided to open my own trailer and attend events around our area, Most recently an offer to have our own restaurant was dropped in our lap and we are currently trying to get into a more stationary food presence in the orlando area, my family pitches in and we also are promoters opening our own events around the central florida area from farmers markets to BBQ cook offs to Food Truck Events.

We are originally from Brooklyn, Staten Island NY and Philly areas I have been in Fl for twenty years now and my wife ten years, We hope to buy our yearly disney passes and attend the parks when it cools down a bit (wow was it a hot summer)

When we are not online we go out shopping at the local malls and computer stores we love to visit Barnes & Noble, Books A Million & Starbucks

Sounds like you two are living it up down there in Florida. I have a sister who lives down there in Gulf Breeze. The Food Trailer sounds awesome!

Are you applying for your wife also? Is this a package deal? Guild members are always welcome to bring their family and friends as well as alts with them! We accept toons of any level :)

I approve this app for membership also! Get with one of us in game for an invite. PurpleRosey#1488

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:05 pm
Report this post
Loiterer

First I want to thank you all for the warm welcome I am glad to already have some commonalities with you. The Wife ! Yes it's a package deal LOL she has a toon on horde side that is 90 but not gonna pay the 55.00 to transfer it so I thought this would be a great opportunity to rebuild a pally tank since I missed it. As far as Raiding I am in for whatever team I can fit in on and on whatever day you raid sometimes RL gets in the way yes but for the most part We will be available for all days and times you have to offer we are flexible, I have a 510 90 shaman here and a 510 druid here both resto specced and ready to do flex 1 & 2.

I meant to ask Will you be needing a tank and will I have time to level one... about two weeks to ilvl 510 maybe less or should I ret spec him?

Again I have been in wow since beta with a short break so I have fun with all the classes I play...... What are some of your needs? or wants? did not know if the recruitment needs was updated to current

Rasse

PS. I did not see anything on an alt policy on Joining the guild since I tend to have a bunch of them that I play is there a limit to how many alts you have in the guild? I did see the Alt raiding category however.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:26 pm
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Nope we don't have any alt policy, you will find that most of our members have tons of alts in the guild *cough* Rose being the biggest offender *cough*

Take as much time as you need leveling whichever character you want to play. We aren't going anywhere as the guild has been around for a very long time.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Quote:
PS. I did not see anything on an alt policy on Joining the guild since I tend to have a bunch of them that I play is there a limit to how many alts you have in the guild? I did see the Alt raiding category however.

Alt? what's an alt??

Just kidding I think I have an alt or two in the guild. (Tattletale Mourning)

Alts are always welcome! as are your friends and family.

The need list is up to date. Once you have full access to the forum you can check out the two teams and see where we are in actual people. I am sure a tank will be great ( I know Jasper's Fri/Sat Team can use tanks) and whatever we can do to help you gear up let us know. We want you to play whatever you enjoy the most. Of course with the expansion, we will all be hitting raiding with our primary toon since we will want to raid asap.

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

JOINED 9-9-2014

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Highscores: 79
kentuckyrose wrote:
JOINED 9-9-2014

pffft, I reject this app because I saw nothing about cooking for the guildies. I do not believe in wasting a good talent, and what better place to practice new recipes? And old ones..... Sounds selfish to me..... :D

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
----------------------------------
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)
Kaslana (Arc)
Grikazer (Blood/Unholy)
Budtran (Marks)
Imhax (Enh)

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:09 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM
Cave Troll

Well I think that might be because Mourning scarfed up the cooks first for his own private home. :(

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:26 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Highscores: 79
kentuckyrose wrote:
Well I think that might be because Mourning scarfed up the cooks first for his own private home. :(

Yet another reason Mourning is not allowed back!

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
----------------------------------
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)