View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:51 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Member/Raider Application 
Loiterer

Post New Member/Raider Application
Main character name:
Class: Mage
Level: 90
Preferred Talent Spec: Frost
Off-spec: Frost/Fire
Link to your character's armory:

I do have other toons with other gear and experience in current tier but I am really hoping to main mage going forward. He was an alt mostly, but I love the gameplay and going forward the changes look good!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... z/advanced - This is in my PVE current. I am also full 550 Prideful.

Alt Names/Classes/Levels:

Spicedchai - Arms/Prot Warrior 90
Panada - Ele Shaman 90
Void - Resto Druid 90
Droxxic - Frost DK 90

Previous 3 guilds:

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable. Eat Sleep PVP Repeat was probably the last memorable guild. And I only left as I was not fond of the community on Tichondrious, so I just transferred here last week

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us? After reading the post on the forums, there was nothing that came across as smug, or elitist. I like to hear that i can be in a laid back environment, with the progression mindset for raiding as well. The fact that there is no restrictions and casuals are also welcome, shows its more about who you are as a person, and not what have you done for me lately. (hope that makes sense, basically I like the sounds of what you are and represent, and would like to join the ranks!)

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for? Nope

What do you find most rewarding about the game? Just the social aspect more than anything. I have met some close friends of mine through MMO's. Getting to know people, have some hilarious memories from this game, 10+ years is a long time.

What do you find most frustrating? Greifers, whiny players, the normal stuff lol People who feel they are entitled to things for absurd reasoning.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

Well my name is Adam, and I am from Calgary, AB Canada. I am 28, and I am a major projects/facility and PVF distributor for a large oil and gas company. I moved here when I got married years ago, and after that had a fallout, i relocated, and now have been here for a few years. I live with my girlfriend and our dogs. We are big into fitness, and I do weight-loss and training programs and nutrition programs on the side for people starting out. I started playing MMO's with EQOA on PS2, and ever since have been hooked. I picked up WoW about 4 months after release, and have played pretty steady up until now, except for leaving during wrath. I also like to play GW2 sometimes, and have a knack for shooters from time to time as well. I have one older brother, and my parents who also live in the area. I like to think i am a bit of a joker, like to make others laugh, even at my expense :(

Are you applying as a raider or a casual? Raider

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)? 90% seems more than doable!

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:

c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:

c. try to work with them to help them improve. In most cases this is the best way to go about this, but some people take offense to this I have seen, which maybe means they are not meant to be in that position anyways.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you? To me progression is not the hardcore side of it. But there is a set schedule and responsibility for members to attend, and push on to new content when its raiding time. I find these to be a more relaxed, close knit team, and progression will come!

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. MC, BWL, AQ20, Most of all TBC except kilj when he was relevant. Did not play during wrath, had some personal things back then and needed the time away. Raided all of Cata, and now to MoP mostly did PVP after ToT ended. Been kind of bobbing around in Flex and such playing catchup in my PVE gear.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why? For me personally, during Cata I healed in a 25M guild, and I was not a huge fan Ryolith, as much as I loved the mechanics, trying to control the chaos of no stacking and people running amelessly around was quite a giggle. Also Heroic Spine was another rough one to push.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why? Same token Firelands was my favourite, the fights, open world effect, it was very well put together, and unique fights that brought me back to when I first started raiding MC. And Karazhan, who didn't love this place?!?! The music, the opera plays, chess event! it was one of a kind and will always be a top for me.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why? Auras, Grid, Gladius (my pvp go to) I like to run a pretty minimal UI at times, and actually as of late have really limited it down to the essentials.

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.

I can grab one, logged out without snapping a recent one.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:11 am
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Post Re: New Member/Raider Application
Nice application, I read through this and thought wow this guy sounds a lot like myself. Crap, I probably shouldn't have said that now they will never let you in the door. :)
Nice to see more of the old school vanilla players popping back up. I loved Firelands being a mage and getting to do Alysrazor. I also agree that Kara was probably the best raid they ever put in the game, I remember the HOURS and HOURS spent in that place.
I am Mourningsun and I approve this application.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:31 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Awesome application and your description hits the nail on the head about our guild:

Quote:
After reading the post on the forums, there was nothing that came across as smug, or elitist. I like to hear that i can be in a laid back environment, with the progression mindset for raiding as well. The fact that there is no restrictions and casuals are also welcome, shows its more about who you are as a person, and not what have you done for me lately. (hope that makes sense, basically I like the sounds of what you are and represent, and would like to join the ranks!)

Quote:
Well my name is Adam, and I am from Calgary, AB Canada. I am 28, and I am a major projects/facility and PVF distributor for a large oil and gas company. I moved here when I got married years ago, and after that had a fallout, i relocated, and now have been here for a few years. I live with my girlfriend and our dogs. We are big into fitness, and I do weight-loss and training programs and nutrition programs on the side for people starting out. I started playing MMO's with EQOA on PS2, and ever since have been hooked. I picked up WoW about 4 months after release, and have played pretty steady up until now, except for leaving during wrath. I also like to play GW2 sometimes, and have a knack for shooters from time to time as well. I have one older brother, and my parents who also live in the area. I like to think i am a bit of a joker, like to make others laugh, even at my expense :(

We lived in Alberta for about 6 months back in about 1984. My folks had some property near cold lake, they lived in Edmonton and we stayed with them. I loved Canada and the Canadians!

Wow, maybe I will have to chat with you about the weight loss programs you do!

Your app sounds great and we would welcome you into the guild. If you can catch one of us on (evening is best time although I am on most of the time. My battletag is PurpleRosey#1488. Your mage is fine, we like people to play what they have the most fun with:) What days will you be available for raiding?

Quote:
Nice application, I read through this and thought wow this guy sounds a lot like myself. Crap, I probably shouldn't have said that now they will never let you in the door. :)

Ha ha ha since Mourning is still on his break from the game, we would only have one like him!

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:34 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Quote:
JOINED 9-9-2014

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:22 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Highscores: 79
kentuckyrose wrote:
Ha ha ha since Mourning is still on his break from the game, we would only have one like him!
Which means Mourning is not allowed to come back....

Skeron
Skolzar
Trandis
Kaslana
----------------------------------
Live (LOLOLOLOL):
Kransar (Disc/Shadow)
Skeron (Prot/Fury)
Skolzar (Prot/Holy)
Silkavnia (Resto/Boomer)
Trandis (Destro)
Kricerna (Ass)