View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:38 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Pet battles 
Regular

Post Pet battles
Ok, so I may be on the edge of my sanity here but I am actually considering giving Pet Battles a shot. I have quite a few pets and two of those stones that upgrade them or whatever...

...so basically is someone willing to give a really short primer on how I should get started.

I have zero clue about anything to do with the battle system.

Karsim
*Retribution - the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Thu May 30, 2013 3:05 pm
Cave Troll

Post Re: Pet battles
I actually think thye are fun. Here is the gist:

You start them with the pet tamer person in Stormwind who will give you a quest line. Your pets start at level 1 and when you are battling a level 1-4 pet, you only battle one pet 5-14 I think it is you will battle 2 pets, and above that you always battle 3 pets (Except in Kharazn where it is almost alwyas just one pet).

Before you click on the pet to battle you can mouse over it to see what its level is, then make sure the pet or pets you have are the same level or a bit higher. when your pets get higher levels they will have talents you can switch out, but to start you are stuck with what they have. If you look through them try to find ones with a healing spell, that kind of ensures you will have more success.

I level only my rares and greens that are non pet battle acquired ie drops or vendored pets. If it is a pet I can get in a pet battle I don't use it unless I have a rare.

basically it is just taking turns using a spell on the opponent. If it is a pet you want to capture, then when it gets below the 30% heath the box for catching it lights up and you can click it instead of a fight spell. Be warned the capture rate is low so you ay miss witht he box several times before catching it, however at level 1-4 misses are not as likely.

Once you get familiar with pet battles there will be other things to focus on such as if you are fighting a critter you want pets that have green arrows for critters which means their spells are more effective on them.

Best thing is to just jump in and get started. I use a toon that can fly so I can get to the places I need easier. You will need to capture/battle pets to get your pets to higher levels before moving on to each areas pet tamer. Can't do westfall with level 1 pets etc. So I just go to an area and try to get at least 6 pets leveled up to tthe levels needed for the next area. Once you get bandage pets ability that will aloow you to quickly heal them all back up every 8 minutes, but until then, you need a lot of pets to switch out at each level when there health is down. You get some pet health thingys which you can use, but thye go fast lol. SO its better to have a lot of pets to switch around and then you can use one treat to heal them all.

LEt me know if you have any more questions

When you get higher level pets, then you can level up low level while battling (ie let the level 1 take one shot then switch him for a level 10 when battling a level 9 pet) I forget what level opens up each added pet you get a max of 3 at any one time but thin you start with just one. When your pet gets to a certain level you get to battle with 2 pets then with 3. Oh yea and when you are choosing pets to level up, try to inclue one of each kind ie, mechanical, beast, critter, undead, magical, dragonkin, etc. Be warned that when you are battling undead and mechanical they have an auto rez feature that brings them back to life with a small amount of health. Also if your pet gets poisened, it will usually die unless you can switchit out right away with one of the other two. (byt the way one of the buttons Ithik number 4 is the one that allows you to switch out the pet, but pleas know that every time you swithc your opponent gets an extra hit in)

have fun

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Fri May 31, 2013 12:08 pm
Regular

Your first challenge is getting 1 pet to level 25. Follow the quest that starts with the trainer in Stormwind. Capture pets every few levels to fill out your team rather than try to level more than one pet at first. Go thru the zones as you would if you were leveling. If you feel adventurous you can also pick up the horde quest and do those as well. (Use a horde alt). Once you get to around level 20 you can sit near Wyrmrest temple and chain fight the birds there. It's right near a stable master for easy repair. The trainer fights get harder once you get to Northrend and you'll want more specific pets to counter them. I think that's everything. Let me know if you have any questions and have fun.

Mychele Resto/Boomkin Druid
Samkie Beastmaster Hunter
Azshadone BM/Survival Hunter
Katryni Prot Pally

Fri May 31, 2013 12:28 pm
Regular

Awesome. Thanks to both of you for the quick primer!

I think I'll dive into the world of pets this weekend.

Oh, I have a Mechanical and a Critter upgrade stone. Would you recommend I research any particular pets I have to use them on or just pick my favorite of that type to upgrade?

**edit**
Looks like I only have one Mechanical that is not already a rare (Pet Bombling) so that one is decided.

But I have 4 non-rare critters: Brown Rabbit, Snoeshoe Rabbit, Mr. Wiggles, and Undercity Cockroach. Any opinions on which one is better to upgrade or just pick?

Thanks,

Brian

Karsim
*Retribution - the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Fri May 31, 2013 1:08 pm
Cave Troll

Hmm, yea I only use my stones, which are extremely rare, have only gotten 3 since I started and I have like 29 level 25 pets, but I use them on non battle pets and the ones that have the best talents. I try to make sure the ones I pick have a heal spell as those are the ones I use most.

As for leveling 1 pet to 25, I just found for me it was slow going if I had to wait the 8 minutes for the pet heal to cooldown, where if I have 6 pets leveled, I can switch the two teams out and then use the pet heal. Also, in battling some of the pet tamer teams, they have 3 pets and so I always want at least 3 pets to make the battle easier. Some people may put more thought and strategy into the battles lol, me I make it easy, win win win. Now that I have a nice group of 25 pets, I am working on getting one of each type to 25 as the pet master at Argent is very hard since he has epic pets.

Just jump in get your feet wet and see how it goes, it really is easy at first and you wont cry too many times after a few of your pets die (you get to rez them) lol.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Fri May 31, 2013 2:31 pm
Regular

Save your stones till you're further into it. That said fast rabbits are good. There are add-ons that will tell you your pets lvl 25 stats. Just starting grab what you like.

Mychele Resto/Boomkin Druid
Samkie Beastmaster Hunter
Azshadone BM/Survival Hunter
Katryni Prot Pally

Fri May 31, 2013 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]