View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:26 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Fornaught - Blood DK, casual application 

Post Fornaught - Blood DK, casual application
Main character name: Fornaught
Class: Death Knight
Level: 90
Preferred Talent Spec: Blood
Off-spec: Frost
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... ght/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels: Quatermaine/Hunter/87, rest are profession alts (which I may not need this xpac).

Previous 3 guilds: Shaolin Monks (family guild). Oceania, Exiles.

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable.

Shaolin Monks is the family guild. Oceania is the guild I started with in BC. Still have friends there, on good terms and still keep in contact. Exiles was a friends guild we moved to from Oceania that eventually folded. I then went back to OC.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?

I'm currently looking for a guild to level and run dungeons with for Wod. I would also like the option to raid again in the future. At the most basic level though I'd like a large group of peeps I can chat to online, perhaps talk to on vent, while we're all levelling and checking out the new expac. I also like your definition of progression.

I found your entry in the Proudmore guild list and followed the link to your website.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for?

I'm not applying to any other guilds.

What do you find most rewarding about the game?

I enjoy the storyline, the environment, the immersion of wow. It's something I haven't found anywhere else. The most rewarding part is the first kill on bosses that we've been beating our heads against.

What do you find most frustrating?

Council of wars. i.e. the non productive debate that occurs when the groups getting frustrated over a boss/strat. That can wait till after, lets just have another go.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

I'm a family man. We're all game players. I originally raided with my wife however she's now backed off raiding and only plays occasionally. However my kids all play to a lesser extent.
I'm in IT, working for a mining company in Queensland. My responsabilities have me traveling most months across various site in the state. Sometime meetings down in NSW.
A friend of mine got me playing wow just after BC was released. First char was Amarande, a Drenai Shaman, that I healed with for OC/Exiles until the Lich King. Then started off tanking with deathknights.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual?

Casual at this stage. I'm planning to level as blood to get back into the feel of the new class abilities. Happy to tank multi player quests/dungeons for guildies. Just can't commit to raiding at this stage. Too much travel required in my role at this stage.

Fornaught 90 Blood
Quatermaine 90 BeastMaster

Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:26 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Fornaught - Blood DK, casual application
Fornaught, nice application short and simple. Been away all day so just now getting a look at it. Looks fine to me, should be enough of us on for you to whisper someone for an invite.

Is the time difference gonna be an issue for you? I am EST - lots of players are same time as server. Sometimes a few are on sometimes none and evenings are our busiest times. I anticipate we will see more "Break Room" players back playing with 6.0 and WoD and they are from all over, some from Australia.

At any rate, come give us a try, hope you like it, but no hard feelings if you find we don't fit :)

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:05 am
Report this post

Thank you, I'll admit I knew about SI's origins and made the assumption about the raid times.

However I'd like to still give this a try. Perhaps I can keep the ultra late shift company?

I'll whisper for an invite later this evening.

Fornaught 90 Blood

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

I just got home from traveling, hope you got an invite! I will be on in a bit:)

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

JOINED 9-26-2014

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:07 pm
Report this post

Yeah I did.

First day with SI and I get to run with the troops through Flex1.

You guys are definately a lot of fun, the pugs were a little.... tense.

Fornaught 90 Blood

Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:39 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

ROFLOL for sure, sometimes we get some good ones, most times....NOT but we just ignore them or laugh about it in guild chat. Besides you can put them on mute and ignore only one you need to listen to is raid leader lol.

Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:40 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]