View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Couple Guilds Looking For Merger 
Rookie

Post Couple Guilds Looking For Merger
Hi guys,

I was browsing the realm forums and saw a couple of guilds that are looking for a merger of some type to get their ranks up. I'm not sure how you feel about that sort of thing but here are a couple of links I saw:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699486546
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700026595

This one wants to absorb other guilds. Sorta like the Borg, I guess. I'm not too taken with this idea though:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15699504214

Tobor
Fryguy
Fabulosity

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:29 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Couple Guilds Looking For Merger
THanks Ham - checked them out today One has already pulled in a couple smaller guilds, one wants to create a new guild with the merge and the other like you said wants to be the main guild that absorbs other guilds.

We actually did merge with a guild about 2 years ago Pangi, Baadil and a few others came from there. It didn't work out and the main person left along with his main followers (imo the best of their players stayed with us). We also did a smaller merger after that. That didn't work out either and eventually that person left with their people and a few of ours.

So we don't usually look at merging with other groups. What I try to look for is a group of people who have left their guild, are guildless or plan to leave their guild. That works well if we have raid slots for them. Otherwise I look at the individual posts of people looking for a guild. I usually reply to any that look like they might be a good fit. I give them the free forum urll and have them go there to check us out.

While we are always welcoming casual players, we need to make sure we have a raid slot available for anyone looking to raid or they will leave again.

So if you are cruising the WoW forums, feel free to reply to posts of any toons or small groups looking for a guild, giving them the following info:

A little about our family friendly environment
strangelyironic.freeforums.org
Raid days and times
any personal comments about how you feel about guild

You can include a simple reply with referral to our forum or more extensive with personal comments totally up to you.

Here is a link to a post I wrote that gives our basic info. You can skim it for reply ideas or do some copy paste if you are looking to help recruit :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700536221#1

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:13 pm
Report this post
Rookie

I'm checking through the Proudmore forums but don't see too many people looking for guilds. I saw one that looked interesting the other day but Mourning already tapped that. Anyway, just thought I'd lend a hand while I have down time at work. Won't always be that way though.

Tobor
Fryguy
Fabulosity

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:38 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Yep, thanks Ham. Every little bit helps!

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]