View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:01 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Chords Application 
Loiterer

Post Chords Application
Main character name: Chords
Class: Hunter
Level: 100
Preferred Talent Spec: MM
Off-spec: BM
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... rds/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels:Kizmet/Mage/91

Previous 3 guilds:Eternium, Team Short Bus, Ethereal (yes, still in Ethereal but will leave upon acceptance)

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable. Yes, most of them just dissolved or as in the case of my current guild changed raid times or became too serious for my time availability, good people no problems.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for? The overall mission of your guild to help and not degrade or get too frustrated with teammates. I enjoy helping rather than raging and am very patient - I am a teacher so I have to be, lol.

What do you find most rewarding about the game? Working together to accomplish a goal, using my imagination, and having some down time with friends who share a common interest.

What do you find most frustrating? People who try to make the game into a job, not that I want to waste anyone's time or not perform to a high standard, I just have no desire for realm firsts or hurting people just to progress at lightning speed. Been there, did that, hardcore raiding just doesn't fit my lifestyle anymore.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

I am in my early 40's, work as a music producer, educator and am pursuing a Doctorate in Anthropology. My residence is in Orlando, FL and I used to travel a lot when I was younger in the music industry. I have played RP games since before there were MMO, when you used pencil and paper to adventure and make new friends, lol. History, gaming, music, movies, media in general are very interesting to me and I love taking with people about any and all of it. I am very loyal and patient and I like the same in return. There is no problem with me receiving constructive criticism and I strive to be raid worthy with my toon. During WotLK I was in a very active progression guild and after that fell apart did some Heroics in Cata. Played a little MoP, but didn't have time to really get into that xpac. I research my class consistently and work on gearing and performing the best I can, but know I can always improve and have a lot to learn. Finding a solid guild that is inclusive and not clique based is really important to me and I would love to raid with a fun team and form some lasting friendships. I am pretty quiet unless you get me talking, a little shy I guess, but I enjoy being in vent and talking or just listening to good conversations. Being online is important to me, but family and work will always come first. RL is RL and I will not be able to sacrifice a career or responsibilities for a game, but do not miss raids or important events lightly. Being on time and having great attendance is important to me. If I seem like a good fit I would really like to join your guild, all I have read on your website has led me to believe that I should be a solid and helpful member of the guild.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual? Raider

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)? I foresee 100%-90% attendance.

Which raid team are you applying for? Tues/Thurs or Fri/Sat? Any is fine with me, I am pretty open during the week and weekends.

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you? To me the word progression means that we will strive to get bosses down and move through content, but not be too extreme about it and help people through rather than raging or taking ourselves too seriously. It does mean that we should strive to be our best, but understand people make mistakes and have different learning curves. It is better to progress by building a team, than be cutthroat about it.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. Yes I have a lot of raid experience, but can learn a lot more and strive to be better. WotLK is when I really got deep into raiding and I have been in Heroic (now Mythic) content guild ever since. But I am quite happy with Normal and Heroic at this point, but very open to progress into Mythic.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why? Honestly I get put on utility or assigned to perform a mechanic on a lot of fight so they all have some type of challenge, but I remember not really liking the Malygos fight that much, just didn't like the flying aspect of the battle, juts a taste thing. Yogg was kind of a pain also, but it was fun overall.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why? I really enjoy most bosses but all of ToC was great to me, just really enjoyed it one Heroic.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why? DBM - it just really helps me with mechanics/timing in raids, GTFO - i'm an audio guy so the alarm sounds are great to prevent tunneling, Move Anything - because it can move anything, lol!

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.
Not at my gaming rig, I can submit one in later if required.

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:16 pm
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
Post Re: Chords Application
Thanks for the very detailed application. I honestly have no questions at this point. You pretty much nailed everything. I approve.

PS: I saw that you hate cliques in guilds and such, and I just want to be the first to say that our guild doesn't run anything like that. As an officer and a Raid Leader I never play favorites, I honestly don't even really like anyone in this guild to begin with. I don't even know why I'm here :) j/k.

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm
Report this post
Regular

Nicely detailed app.

SMASH approves for raider membership.

Redmaster

[LIVE]
Iamsmash Ret/Prot
Battletag: MrUrthor#1562

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:33 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Kentuckyrose Approves this App! Chord go ahead and find an officer if you can to get an invite. Mourningsun, Katli, Krisa, Iamsmash, Padalex are a few you can try. I am offline right now but will be on in the am and tomorrow evening. Hopefully you can find an officer before then :) Let me know when you are in and I will change your forum status.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:54 am
Report this post
Loiterer

Hello

I wasn't on too much this weekend so I couldn't contact an officer. I will be online tonight after work around 6pm EST time, I guess that is 3pm server until pretty late. I will try again today, my Battletag is Chords#1870. Thanks!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm
Report this post
Regular

Hey Chords. I'll add your battletag. I should be on at some point later today.

Redmaster

[LIVE]
Iamsmash Ret/Prot
Battletag: MrUrthor#1562

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 pm
Report this post
Regular

JOINED 12-15-2014

Redmaster

[LIVE]
Iamsmash Ret/Prot