View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:54 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Casual application - Isserly 
Post Casual application - Isserly
Main character name: Isserly
Class: Druid
Level: 85
Preferred Talent Spec: Balance
Off-spec: Guardian
Link to your character's armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Isserly/simple

Previous 3 guilds: I was part of a guild of RL friends back in the Burning Crusade era, long defunct. I used to play in the Penny Arcade Alliance guilds on Dark Iron (not a big PA fan, but the PvP battles were fun).

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable. I am returning from a 5+ year WoW break, and found I wanted to start fresh rather than play my old characters. Plus my old server is PvP but these days I kinda just want to level and not think about fighting horde, so I went PvE. :) I chose Proudmoore for its mature/LGBT-friendly reputation.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us? I found you via the forum guild list. Yours appeals because it seems to be low-key and mature. If there's one thing I can't stand to read when I'm gaming it's "lol ur gay" and "I wuz raped" kind of junk, and it sounds like your guild is refreshingly free of that.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for? No others.

What do you find most rewarding about the game?
Questing, exploring, the storylines, 5-man dungeons, helping other players, pet battles (I NEVER expected I'd like this feature, but they are kinda fun), playing alts, the occasional raid to see content.

What do you find most frustrating?
The racist, homophobic, misogynist speech that one sometimes encounters in an MMO.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW.
I'm an approaching middle-aged family man, kids, cats, and the sweetest dog ever. I'm a musician and play in a rockin' band (I might be biased). Besides WoW I enjoy many other PC games, board games, and Magic the TCG. I started playing WoW at release and 'quit' shortly after Cata came out. I came back with the idea I'd play with my kids but they didn't really get into it. It's been fun playing through the Cata and MoP content that I missed and I'm looking forward to WoD when I get to 90.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual? Casual. Although I wouldn't pass up the occasional opportunity to see some of the raid content. Since I quit playing it looks like there are lots of tiers for raids now, so I hope to at least hit the lowest one (which I think is LFR?) to see stuff. But generally my schedule doesn't allow for much raiding. If I did get the chance to raid I fall firmly in the "help each other get better" camp, and see "progression" as just getting better as a group and having fun, trying to progress without a lot of stress or drama.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:40 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Casual application - Isserly
Hiya Isserly,

Enjoyed chatting with you and ty for your application. We are a guild full of Family people. Most are married, have kids and pretty much mature enough to not need to put others down to enjoy the game. We take pride in being Strangely Ironic GUild that has fun together without all the garbage. As I explained, we have gotten a lot of new members in the last few weeks and with a few reminders most have been great in guild chat :) If there is ever an issue, please be sure to let an officer know and we will try to get it resolved.

We are everyone friendly not just LGBT. We aren't a dating service and most people wouldn't know who is or who isn't gay in our guild. It's not a topic that gets discussed. People's private lives are just that private and regardless of whether we personally approve of someone's lifestyle, we just don't bring it to the game.

I'm gonna give a couple officers a chance to reply and if they approve I will throw you and invite if you are in game. !

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:07 am
Report this post
Regular

Well Isserly, your story sounds pretty familiar. Lots of folks are coming back from an extended break to find the game has lowered the barriers to entry for raiding quite a bit with LFR and flex scaling. I don't really have additional questions as you've provided a good bit of detail.

In SI we try to maintain a pretty clean and sociable guild chat - no one wants to read trade chat in two different colors!

SMASH approves for casual membership. Anyone else with questions?

Redmaster

[LIVE]
Iamsmash Ret/Prot
Battletag: MrUrthor#1562

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 am
Report this post
Veteran

Highscores: 1
I approve :)

Somnambulant - Elemental Shaman (Restoration OS)
Trifid - Fury Warrior (Protection OS)

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:21 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Hey Isserly, whisper one of us for an invite.

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:43 am
Report this post
Cave Troll