View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:55 am

Welcome
Welcome to Strangely Ironic

Viewing our forums as a guest gives very limited access. Registering on our forums only requires an email verification process. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, Register, and DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

When you first register you may have limited access even if you are a guild member. Please be patient while one of our moderators assigns you to the appropriate user group to give you access.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Åzzurri recruitment 
Loiterer

Post Åzzurri recruitment
Main character name:
Åzzurri

Class:
Warrior

Level:

Preferred Talent Spec:
Arms/il561

Off-spec:
Protection/il540ish

Link to your character's armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... rri/simple

Alt Names/Classes/Levels:

Åzzurrino/warrior/arms/pro
Åzzurro/pally/prot/ret
Towtone/mage/frost
Tonino/priest/shadow

Previous 3 guilds:
currently in a guild i joined last night, don't know the name, I accepted a random invite

Why did you leave these guilds? Did you leave on friendly terms? Add any references here if applicable.

I don't like guilds that aren't social. If I join a guild and I end up playing solo all the time, then what is the purpose of joining that guild? I now that people wont come rushing to help me do what I need done because everyone is working on different quests or achievements and we aren't all going to be on the same step even if we are. However it's nice to be able to talk to people, joke about the game or real life, time goes by and its more fun then just grinding and listening to the wow soundtrack for hours on end. If people are doing the same things its a bonus, if we plan to do things together, its a bonus, but really all I desire is someone to talk to, ask questions about the game, lend my experience and gain from theirs.

Why would you like to join Strangely Ironic? What about us appeals to you over any other guild? How did you hear about us?

In all honesty, nothing in your advertisement on the forums is different then any other. Every guild says keywords like "guild bank, repairs, social, raid team, where the ones your want to join" so nothing appeals to me other then the possibility that this will in fact live up to the hype and end my search for a community I can play with.

Are you applying for another guild? If so, which one(s)? What about our guild appeals to you over the other guild(s) you have applied for?
I am currently in the "next" guild looking for the right guild. I accepted a random invite as stated earlier.

What do you find most rewarding about the game?
Progression. I've been playing mmo's since the very beginning of the genre and it is always about progressing to be the most powerful character I can be.

What do you find most frustrating?
The cap that bliz puts on progression. You can only acheive so much valor, so much honor, so much of this or that. Run this only once a week, once a day and on and on. If I'm paying you, open the gates and let me farm to my hearts content.

Please tell us about yourself outside of WoW. (Some things you could share are: age, job/school, location, family, history of you and wow (you personally, not your toons), any good/bad info about you that we might want to know or enjoy knowing, other games you play). Keep in mind, we consider ourselves a family. This is where you are going to sell yourself to us. Please take this section serious and spend some time on it.

I've been addicted to online gaming since Cyberstrike, which was the first graphical multiplayer online game back in 1990. Since then I've played all the major titles and more. Games, for me, offer the greatest entertainment per dollar. So it is my hobby. I also enjoy riding sportbikes but that gets more and more dangerous the older I get, which is 40 for another week. I also like shooting guns at paper and steel targets. I'm mild mannered, I don't get all upset and fly off the handle but I also don't like unfairness and will speak up to anyone in authority when I feel they are abusing it. That gets me in trouble in things like guilds because leaders take them selves to serious most times. I like to sometimes play the devils advocate not for argument but for debate and that upsets people because everyone in today's age wants people to go along with what they say.

I have a job that I don't like. I guess that groups me in with most other people. I spend way to much time playing wow. I don't like saying Gratz every achievement like making it to lvl 10 or getting your first honor kill. I do like to sincerely congratulate people for doing something cool like soloing and achievement run or downing a boss that I now is tough.

I don't know, i guess I could just go on and on but really you don't get to know someone until your on vent with them in game and hear how they joke around and how they act when you wipe 5 or 6 times on the same boss.

Are you applying as a raider or a casual?

I would like to raid, but after heading up a raid guild in EQ2 for 8 months of raiding Monday thru Friday 8 to 11pm, I just can't commit that kind of time anymore. It stole almost a year of my life. I would like to raid but not that style. I'm looking for something semi-serious. I would like to be with people I can rely on to be there when we do raid, but not have to commit my life to being there everyday. Even if I play wow everyday, I don't want it to be all about raiding.

If applying as a raider please answer the following questions:

What to you foresee your raid attendance to be? Will you be a Raider Addict(90% attendance)? or a Raider (50% attendance)?

It depends, if its a daily schedule I wont be there. I don't want my life to be spent raiding in a game. If its two days a week or weekends I'll be there most likely 100% barring family obligation/emergencies.

If someone makes a mistake and possibly causes a wipe, do you:
a. yell, punish, berate, etc.
b. ignore that it happened and don't say anything.
c. find out the problem and try to help them overcome the issue.
d. "50 DKP Minus". :P

I'm definitely gonna tell them they didn't lay down enough dots :) but really I just keep quite, a little friendly teasing, and If I now what went wrong I'll try and help out. So my answer is b,c,d

If someone is inconsistent in their performance, do you:
a. try to find someone better to replace them.
b. ignore it and don't say anything.
c. try to work with them to help them improve.

I don't like excluding people. It's just a game to me now. I want to excel and progress, but I'm not going to trample someone to do it. If it becomes an issue where one person doesn't want to improve and consistently brings the entire team down, then I would let them know and see what can be done. Help them if I can or ask them to step aside.

We are a progression guild, but that word has a loose meaning. What does it mean to you?

I'm not a hardcore player anymore, I've been working very hard to become a dirty old man and I'm on the brink of finally realizing that life long dream. Having said that, I would like to be a part of a team that does its best, that tries to succeed. Weather that's getting through lfr with 20 guildies or taking down endgame heroic content, its all the same. However, everyone wants to get that ungettable gear, so that does drive me.

Do you have raid experience? This includes Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK.
I have more raid experience in other games then wow, a lot of the raiding I've done in wow was TBC and MOP.

What bosses did you find most challenging? Why?
Drunnu, because I have close to a 90% wipe rate. In lfr, or premade groups, I've never been there and had players who understood how to evade the purple ground.

Which were the most enjoyable? Why?
I would say MOP have been good. I like the story and the challenge. It turned me on to raiding after taking time away from it. However, the litch king raids were excellent story wise.

What are your three favorite/useful addons and why?

elvui because I can set almost every aspect of ui with one addon instead of having to install specific addons for every frame.

DBM because I can train a monkey to hit the keys when dbm prompts them too

GTFO because im so focused on my rotation that half the time I don't see what im standing in

I have to add a 4th, atlas loot, so I can plan my warforged seals ahead of time

If possible, please link a photo of your UI.

I don't have a screen shot of my ui but it's not pretty like all the ones you see pictures of. The entire bottom third is two chat windows and 6 bars between them. My characther is surounded by tellmewhen icons and I play zoomed out so you can hardly see my character half the time=)

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:57 am
Report this post
Cave Troll

Post Re: Åzzurri recruitment
Hey thanks for the application!

Quote:
I don't like guilds that aren't social. If I join a guild and I end up playing solo all the time, then what is the purpose of joining that guild? I now that people wont come rushing to help me do what I need done because everyone is working on different quests or achievements and we aren't all going to be on the same step even if we are. However it's nice to be able to talk to people, joke about the game or real life, time goes by and its more fun then just grinding and listening to the wow soundtrack for hours on end. If people are doing the same things its a bonus, if we plan to do things together, its a bonus, but really all I desire is someone to talk to, ask questions about the game, lend my experience and gain from theirs.

Yea I can relate to the playing solo. This last few months game play has been a yo yo for most guilds. My husband and I have toons on about 5 realms (most I don't play, but he does) Even guilds with 700 players most of the time have no one on. It is unfortunately part of the "taking a break, be back for expansion" syndrome. Our guild fluctuates, depending on when you are on. I can log on and be alone one day and the next have a dozen people in there with me. Most of our players are working people and definitely family people. Many have taken a break until the expansion (some will be back this week for 6.0). We have a few people from all over the world (Australia, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia) as well as all over the US. Lately evenings seem to be busiest as well as late night. But as I said, sometimes I log on in the morning or afternoon and there is a group on. People do not really get into vent except for a guild event. Not that they can't, they just don't choose to. Most guild members will reply to chat, although we have a few that don't like too, they are pretty quiet and or shy. I often find myself talking to myself, as the group that happens to be on may not be chatters, or may just be lost in whatever they are doing! Others have all their chat settings on and so much stuff scrolls by, they miss guild chat (happens to me on Timeless when I am chasing rares with Trade chat on). Some of us are more gregarious and will chat up a storm if we are on. I guess these days you take the slow times with the chatty times and enjoy the atmosphere.

Something about our guild that does make it different is we try not to step on the people in order to play the game. We are all mature adults, see no reason to put people down, and we all like different parts of the game. We have had a few guild splits over the years, due primarily to the fact that people want to change what we have. Our guild isn't broke, doesn't need fixing lol. We are not elitists or hard core raiders, so we try to let people know that up front. When we recruit raid leaders, we want easy going ones that know how to get the job done without raging or running people down. We accept everyone, and when someone joins, we count them as a friend. However we also know people are looking for different things and may not find it with us. So if they leave, no hard feelings, happy to have known them for whatever time they were with us. I always encourage people to try us out, if they don't like us, give us a wave or say bye when they go:)

As a guild leader (I took over from my youngest son about 1 1/2 years ago) I have only guild kicked a couple of people. They were disruptive and or deliberately being vulgar and obscene. We pretty much all have a sense of humor and enjoy bantering with each other, but none of us enjoy obscene or vulgar conversation.

Quote:
In all honesty, nothing in your advertisement on the forums is different then any other. Every guild says keywords like "guild bank, repairs, social, raid team, where the ones your want to join" so nothing appeals to me other then the possibility that this will in fact live up to the hype and end my search for a community I can play with.

No hype here, we are what we are, I try to keep our information simple and basic, giving the link here to allow people to learn a bit more about us and make an informed decision. Recently more of my recruit posts are just simple - looking for a friendly social guild come join us. I realize social means different things to different people :)

Quote:
What do you find most frustrating?
The cap that bliz puts on progression. You can only acheive so much valor, so much honor, so much of this or that. Run this only once a week, once a day and on and on. If I'm paying you, open the gates and let me farm to my hearts content.

Oh yes, for sure! I hate these caps and limits. I suppose I understand some of them on new content, but I don't like them and once something is no longer new - take off the limits! I especially detest the VP limit. Next on my hate list is the once a week limit.

Quote:
I've been addicted to online gaming since Cyberstrike, which was the first graphical multiplayer online game back in 1990. Since then I've played all the major titles and more. Games, for me, offer the greatest entertainment per dollar. So it is my hobby.

Ha that's along time! I have only been an addict for about 10 years started with Runescape and migrated to WoW watching my hubby play and comparing the graphics and UI with Runescape every day finally got to me. I always remind my husband that hey for 50 cents a day, WoW really offers a lot, we may not like all of it, but what else can you get for only a couple quarters that provides so much entertainment.

Quote:
40 for another week

Happy Birthday! I remember being that young once :lol:

Quote:
I also like shooting guns at paper and steel targets.

Whew! at least its not at people ;) Dan (hubby) and I enjoy target shooting also. Haven't done much of it here in Kentucky as the ranges are so far away, but we take our guns when we go to Arizona and get some shooting in at my brother's and my son's.

Quote:
It depends, if its a daily schedule I wont be there. I don't want my life to be spent raiding in a game. If its two days a week or weekends I'll be there most likely 100% barring family obligation/emergencies.

Our first raid team will run Tues/Thurs nights (we have a raid leader as well as 2 or 3 back up ones for this team) with a second team on the weekends when we get enough and a raid leader for it. It is always better if a raider can make both nights of the raid, but with the new Normal being a flex style, this will allow more room for give and take. However we do not expect a raider to make both teams, unless they choose to and have an alt they also want to raid with.

If you think our guild will fit your needs, or just want to give us a try, whisper one of us for an invite. I wont promise you will like us, but most people do :)

Dabee 100 Holy/Ret (JC/LW)
Yodarosey 100 Holy/Ret
Tazrose 100 Frost
Warlockrose 100 Destro
Roseyrogue 100 Combat
Roseydrune 100 Balance/Resto
Bankrose 100 Mage Frost/Fire (ALCH)
Faithfulrose 100 Holy/Shadow (BSM)
Pandarosey 100 Mist/Wind

Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 pm
Report this post
Cave Troll